Author Topic: Yet Another Reason Not to Hold Your Cellphone  (Read 584 times)

rangerrebew

Yet Another Reason Not to Hold Your Cellphone
« on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:18 am »

Yet Another Reason Not to Hold Your Cellphone

September 09, 2017 • 63,307 views

cellphone addiction
Story at-a-glance

The popularity of cellphones makes this technology the most quickly accepted device in the history of consumer technology, leading to overuse, addictive behavior and increasing your risk of illness or disease
    Recent research has identified over 20 different bacterial species on phones of secondary school students; other studies demonstrate proximity to cellphones increases your exposure to EMF radiation
    Cellphone addiction increases your risk of exposure to radiation, triggering mitochondrial damage that may result in diseases such as atherosclerosis, heart attack and inflammatory bowel disease to name just a few

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/09/09/cellphone-usage-health-risks.aspx

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Yet Another Reason Not to Hold Your Cellphone
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:32:44 pm »
The nickel sized basal cell carcinoma that was cut out of my face was approximately the center of the cell phone I used for a couple of hours a day, and on the same side I held the phone. I use the phone on speaker for any long call, or keep it brief, now.
I can't say that was necessarily the cause of the cancer, but I'm not taking any more chances. One long scar down the side of my face is (hopefully) enough.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:38:48 pm »
One long scar down the side of my face is (hopefully) enough.

True, but I'll bet people don't screw with you in a bar anymore.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 06:45:48 pm »
The nickel sized basal cell carcinoma that was cut out of my face was approximately the center of the cell phone I used for a couple of hours a day, and on the same side I held the phone. I use the phone on speaker for any long call, or keep it brief, now.
I can't say that was necessarily the cause of the cancer, but I'm not taking any more chances. One long scar down the side of my face is (hopefully) enough.

Probably a good precaution for us women folk to refrain from tucking our phone in our bra, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:51 pm »
True, but I'll bet people don't screw with you in a bar anymore.
They never did, much, and very rarely twice. When you can smile at them with all your teeth and only a couple little scars, they think you just might be a little too quick to mess with. I haven't been in the bars more than once or twice since, but when people asked about it, I just told them the other guy would be making regular visits to the hospital for the rest of his working life.  ^-^ (Sometimes, I'd tell 'em he is a surgeon, sometimes not...)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:15:10 pm »
Probably a good precaution for us women folk to refrain from tucking our phone in our bra, too.
Might not be the best place to haul it. I carry my flip in a side holster with a metal clip on the back to hopefully cut down some of the tower tagging RFI, and put it aside when I'm in.

C S Lewis