Author Topic: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”  (Read 11838 times)

Offline DB

Re: Fox & Friends: Maybe Trump’s Wall Was “Symbolic”
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2017, 02:53:01 am »
Wishful, hopeful thinking is not a plan?

What is a plan, then? 

Dreaming of some utopian third party which is not even in its infancy, much less with an operation and a chance.

I think we should concentrate on electing more conservatives to Congress in 2018 and 2010.

We're stuck with Trump but I still have hope he will return to sanity.  At any rate, there's nothing anybody can do about that.  Except maybe, pray.

I've been doing that for 35 years. It hasn't worked. My home state of California is now destroyed and I'm being forced out of it. The country is on the same path.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

It doesn't matter if a third party has little chance. At this point it is the only chance.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2017, 03:05:43 am »
Right, but what scares and appalls me is that the possibility (It has not yet been proven) that Trump will back down on DACA and illegal immigration does not concern people here in the way that it should.

Trump was on the right track on these matters and as long as he was, we were okay. 

But I see people who are almost giddy that their preconceptions about Trump seem to be coming true.  That's creepy.

We're all on that ship.

Please get over yourself.  Its so old.  Your the hero for supporting your president in good times and bad.  For richer or poorer in corruption or abandon.

Nobody is giddy.  I said myself that it doesn't feel good to say I told you so.  I think everyone would like to be wrong.  But we weren't.  I am not going to pretend.

As for Melania, she is alright.  I think she is probably a good mother.  She is probably sincere but she is still a liberal.

What is the extraordinary things she has done to help the Conservative cause?

Can you put me on ignore also?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:10:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2017, 03:16:47 am »
I am skeptical, as well.   So much fake news and propaganda out there, one doesn't know what to believe. 

For instance.... is this fake news.... or a preview of another betrayal....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/white-house-wont-withdraw-from-paris-deal-eu-says/ar-AAs1bmH?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I hope that is fake news.  Wonder if it isn't are people going to continue to stay in denial?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2017, 03:40:10 am »
Please get over yourself.  Its so old.  Your the hero for supporting your president in good times and bad.  For richer or poorer in corruption or abandon.

Nobody is giddy.  I said myself that it doesn't feel good to say I told you so.  I think everyone would like to be wrong.  But we weren't.  I am not going to pretend.

As for Melania, she is alright.  I think she is probably a good mother.  She is probably sincere but she is still a liberal.

What is the extraordinary things she has done to help the Conservative cause?

Can you put me on ignore also?

You're not worth it, baby, I can ignore you all by myself.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2017, 03:58:06 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:19 am »
I hope that is fake news.  Wonder if it isn't are people going to continue to stay in denial?
https://morningconsult.com/2017/06/13/tillersons-support-paris-agreement-never-changed/ not only not fake, but old news...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2017, 04:22:35 am »

You crack me up.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2017, 04:29:19 am »
https://morningconsult.com/2017/06/13/tillersons-support-paris-agreement-never-changed/ not only not fake, but old news...

But that was Tillerson in conflict with Trump.  The other article says Trump is flip flopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2017, 04:49:24 am »
You crack me up.

I must be extra special.  You are on ignore and I am baby!

Offline DB

« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2017, 05:12:33 am »

@Chosen Daughter

Did you reply to whom you intended to?

I see I misunderstood your reply... Sorry for the ping.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:48:48 am by DB »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:28 am »

Hah, yep!  She'll end up ignoring everyone eventually I suppose.  Odd to me to enter a political chat forum and then ignore the people here you disagree with.

The trump supporters have been in rare form the last couple days.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:19:01 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2017, 06:31:54 am »
I don't have anyone on ignore and I'm not on this forum to engage in some sort of petty feuds.

I am here to discuss current issues and give my opinion which I try very hard to do without personal insults.

Oceander

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2017, 05:29:41 pm »
Hah, yep!  She'll end up ignoring everyone eventually I suppose.  Odd to me to enter a political chat forum and then ignore the people here you disagree with.

Cognitive dissonance will do that to a person. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2017, 06:50:31 pm »
Cognitive dissonance will do that to a person.
Frenzied denial....(I know, samey-same)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:15 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Did you reply to whom you intended to?

I see I misunderstood your reply... Sorry for the ping.

Yes, it was another thread where emjay proclaimed she was putting people on ignore.  Roosegirl was one.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2017, 07:05:48 pm »
I don't have anyone on ignore and I'm not on this forum to engage in some sort of petty feuds.

I am here to discuss current issues and give my opinion which I try very hard to do without personal insults.

Its not personal if you make it a blanket statement about other members I guess then.  Like some people on the forum are giddy.  Don't worry though it is noted that you are a Trump butt kisser.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »

Yeah its been hard on them.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2017, 07:19:26 pm »
I am not a Trump supporter and never have been in.  I have the credentials to prove it ... a certificate of dismissal from TOS, along with a variety of insults that would not be allowed here (thanks Mystery)

I've been trying to make a couple of points.

One is that we've been dissing the media for weeks so why are we so ready to believe them now.

Two is that, whatever one thinks of Trump, he'll be President for a while so we are better off if he doesn't veer from his stated aims and goals..

The left is floating a rumor through a willing and delighted media that Trump is backing off from refusing to support the Paris agreement.  That has been refuted.

Here are some things I'm glad Trump was doing at one time.  Getting rid of DACA, trying to stop illegal immigration and getting out of the Paris agreement.

Because I live in and love America,  I am hoping that Trump will continue to support those goals.

That does not mean I am a Trump lover. 

Why do people keep saying that?  Cognitive dissonance or plain blatant ignorance and prejudice.

Oceander

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2017, 07:22:13 pm »
I am not a Trump supporter and never have been in.  I have the credentials to prove it ... a certificate of dismissal from TOS, along with a variety of insults that would not be allowed here (thanks Mystery)

I've been trying to make a couple of points.

One is that we've been dissing the media for weeks so why are we so ready to believe them now.

Two is that, whatever one thinks of Trump, he'll be President for a while so we are better off if he doesn't veer from his stated aims and goals..

The left is floating a rumor through a willing and delighted media that Trump is backing off from refusing to support the Paris agreement.  That has been refuted.

Here are some things I'm glad Trump was doing at one time.  Getting rid of DACA, trying to stop illegal immigration and getting out of the Paris agreement.

Because I live in and love America,  I am hoping that Trump will continue to support those goals.

That does not mean I am a Trump lover. 

Why do people keep saying that?  Cognitive dissonance or plain blatant ignorance and prejudice.

Except that Trump is backing off on what he promised during the campaign, and now seems to be trying to engineer a convenient end-run on his DACA promise, which is already hanging by a thread.  This isn't made up nonsense from the media or liberals, this is based on what Trump has actually said and done. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »
Except that Trump is backing off on what he promised during the campaign, and now seems to be trying to engineer a convenient end-run on his DACA promise, which is already hanging by a thread.  This isn't made up nonsense from the media or liberals, this is based on what Trump has actually said and done.
In addition, withdrawal from the Paris Accord is far from a done deal. Even as Trump was tweeting about getting out, Tillerson was moving in the other direction. So what we're seeing and what's being said just are not flanging up.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:30:12 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »

Well, yeah, that seems to be happening.  I know that and I don't like it.

I don't love Trump but we are really sunk if he goes liberal.  So I'm hoping that he will come to his senses.  Unfortunately, no one knows what his senses are but until a few days ago, I thought he was on the right side of the important issues.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2017, 07:56:08 pm »

And he has confirmed it on his own twitter page.

Donald J. Trump??Verified account? @realDonaldTrump · Sep 14 

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....

42,683 replies   18,312 retweets   80,648 likes   

Donald J. Trump??Verified account? @realDonaldTrump · Sep 14 

The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built.

24,464 replies   23,744 retweets   102,407 likes   

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/907698529606541312

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2017, 08:12:28 pm »
Well, yeah, that seems to be happening.  I know that and I don't like it.

I don't love Trump but we are really sunk if he goes liberal.  So I'm hoping that he will come to his senses.  Unfortunately, no one knows what his senses are but until a few days ago, I thought he was on the right side of the important issues.

Throughout the primaries and the general he took varying positions on the same issue.  Some people recognized him doing that.  Pretty much the same people here now that are pointing out that he is still doing it.  Of course we all want him to be on the "right" side, but when his words and actions tell us different we are going to point it out, just like we did before.  It's not hate, or prejudice or any other insulting label you throw at us.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »
Throughout the primaries and the general he took varying positions on the same issue.  Some people recognized him doing that.  Pretty much the same people here now that are pointing out that he is still doing it.  Of course we all want him to be on the "right" side, but when his words and actions tell us different we are going to point it out, just like we did before.  It's not hate, or prejudice or any other insulting label you throw at us.
Correct! If anything, it's a sitrep. Kinda like keeping track of wind direction.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2017, 08:19:26 pm »
Correct! If anything, it's a sitrep. Kinda like keeping track of wind direction.

Except ... but wait .. first I must avow that I was never a Trump supporter and I can prove it.  I shall preface every statement I make with that fact.

Except that, for the most part, every action Trump has taken so far has been in line with his campaign promises.