Author Topic: Brown-Bagging It? Think Outside the Box. Dietitian shares tips for tasty, affordable lunches  (Read 654 times)

rangerrebew

Brown-Bagging It? Think Outside the Box
Dietitian shares tips for tasty, affordable lunches
By Randy Dotinga
Saturday, September 9, 2017

SATURDAY, Sept. 9, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- At lunchtime, it's easy to fall into a rut. To jazz up this midday meal for your kids or yourself, take some brown-bagging tips from a registered dietitian.

Keep things interesting through variation, said Samantha Coogan, an instructor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. A healthy lunch can be delicious and affordable, she said. Here are some of her

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_168296.html

Offline Applewood

Some decent tips here.  When I worked -- particularly the last 10 or so years -- I brought my lunch.  Of course, the firms I worked for had kitchens, which made it a lot easier to go beyond the proverbial baloney sandwich and an apple.  Got to the point where I had my big meal at lunch and just a snack for dinner.  Helped me sleep better at night without a ton of food in my stomach. 

And of course, packing a lunch saves money. 

Oceander

Some decent tips here.  When I worked -- particularly the last 10 or so years -- I brought my lunch.  Of course, the firms I worked for had kitchens, which made it a lot easier to go beyond the proverbial baloney sandwich and an apple.  Got to the point where I had my big meal at lunch and just a snack for dinner.  Helped me sleep better at night without a ton of food in my stomach. 

And of course, packing a lunch saves money. 

:thumbsup: