Author Topic: Clinton Was So Confident of Victory She Bought Second Home in Chappaqua to Accommodate White House Staff  (Read 520 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Clinton Was So Confident of Victory She Bought Second Home in Chappaqua to Accommodate White House Staff
Washington Free Beacon, Sep 10, 2017, David Rutz

Hillary Clinton was so confident of victory last year that she bought a second house next to her residence in Chappaqua, New York, to accommodate White House staff during presidential retreats there.

"I thought I was going to win," she said.

The New York Post reported last year on the Clintons paying $1.16 million for the three-bedroom, ranch-style home next to their house in Chappaqua. The newspaper's source said at the time it was thought to be a weekend retreat for their daughter Chelsea's family.

In an interview from her home on the CBS program "Sunday Morning" delving into her 2016 election defeat, Clinton was asked about the property after she discussed attending President Donald Trump's inauguration.

Host Jane Pauley noted Clinton had been "so sure" she would be the one giving the inaugural address in January.

"You specifically bought this house for a reason," Pauley said as they walked outside.

"I did," Clinton said.

"And this was to be?" Pauley asked.

"Well, I know a lot about what it takes to move a president, and I thought I was going to win," Clinton said.

"The Clintons had acquired the house next door to accommodate White House staff and security during a second Clinton administration," Pauley narrated.

Pauley asked Clinton if that decision haunted her.

"No, I'm very happy we did it," Clinton said.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-confident-victory-second-home-chappaqua-accommodate-white-house-staff/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Watch the video included at the link.   :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

Ugh, I do wish she would shut up and go away.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

Offline goodwithagun

She's a total see you next Tuesday, if you know what I mean.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DB

These stories make her loss all the sweeter.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
She undoubtedly planned to lease it to the Secret Service for about $50K a week...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Guivre

• ICXCNIKA
As delicious as that would be, I don't think I can believe anything she says. She might even think saying this might make gain her some sympathy.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:22:56 pm by Guivre »
"We cannot judge whether the world has truly gone bad or if journalists have just started to work more."