Author Topic: Trump to Have Bipartisan WH Dinner With Senators  (Read 954 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Have Bipartisan WH Dinner With Senators
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:09:26 pm »

By Cathy Burke   |   Monday, 11 Sep 2017 11:00 PM

President Trump is ready to host six senators from both parties for a working dinner Tuesday, The Washington Post reported.

The dinner would include three moderate Democrats — Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, and Joe Manchin of West Virginia, as well as three senior Republican members of the Senate Finance Committee: the chairman, Orrin Hatch of Utah, Patrick Toomey of Pennsylvania and John Thune of South Dakota, according to the Post.

The White House could announce the meeting early Tuesday, the Post reported.

The dinner comes as lawmakers and the White House aim to get talks going on tax reform, the Post reported.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/white-house-dinner-senators-democrats/2017/09/11/id/812966/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump to Have Bipartisan WH Dinner With Senators
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:31:53 pm »
Hey McConnell!  It seems the President has learned how the Senate works.   88devil

The Senators listed below are invited to a bipartisan WH dinner tonight with President and Mrs. Trump - seeking support for his tax cut bill.  The three Democrats are up for reelection in 2018 from red states the President won big.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »
Hey McConnell!  It seems the President has learned how the Senate works.   88devil

The Senators listed below are invited to a bipartisan WH dinner tonight with President and Mrs. Trump - seeking support for his tax cut bill.  The three Democrats are up for reelection in 2018 from red states the President won big.

Before offering any more effusive praise, why don't we wait to see if this "working dinner" produces anything of substance.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 03:21:11 pm »
Before offering any more effusive praise, why don't we wait to see if this "working dinner" produces anything of substance.

I wasn't offering effusive praise @Night Hides Not ... I was poking the turtle.

Although count me among the unsurprised when this strategic approach works well for the Trump administration.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »

What is your point @corbe?  Or are you just spamming away?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »

Although count me among the unsurprised when this strategic approach works well for the Trump administration.

It may work well for the Trump administration, but will it work well for us?  Color me skeptical that any meaningful tax reform would actually happen.

But, perhaps this is a dinner to re-discuss ACA?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »

As time goes on and Trump learns "the system" I expect him to become much more effective in advancing his agenda. Good News for conservatives since Trumps' agenda is a conservative one.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

What's "poking the turtle"---is it like trolling?

I've noticed the devil emoji seems to be your favorite...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 04:16:20 pm »
Toomey and Manchin are buds.  They authored "common sense" gun control legislation which mercifully fizzled out.  I don't know much about the rest of the participants, but I suspect none of the Republicans are conservative.  If Trump truly has a conservative agenda, shouldn't he be schmoozing conservatives, or at least including them in a working dinner with liberals? 

Sorry, guys, but I see this administration is going to be "bipartisan" in the liberal definition of the word.  "Bipartisan" means you give into my liberal agenda and maybe I'll throw you a few crumbs so you can tell your constituents what a hero you are, or at the very least, I'll put your name on the legislation with mine. 

Whatever these guys come up with, they might call it repeal of ACA, tax reform or whatever, but it won't be anything of the sot.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »

Whether the dinner produces anything or not, it is a symbol of Trump trying to work with the Senate, which he is frequently accused of never doing.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 05:27:13 pm »

You went to a lot of trouble for nothing with that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 05:29:05 pm »
As time goes on and Trump learns "the system" I expect him to become much more effective in advancing his agenda. Good News for conservatives since Trumps' agenda is a conservative one.

I hope you're right and I think we're seeing some signs of it.  Kelly was a great choice and if Trump doesn't chase him off, things should change for the better.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 07:55:23 pm »
Whether the dinner produces anything or not, it is a symbol of Trump trying to work with the Senate, which he is frequently accused of never doing.
I agree.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org