Author Topic: Experts warn Australians need to eat more kangaroos as the marsupial’s population booms  (Read 551 times)

Offline Suppressed

Experts warn Australians need to eat more kangaroos as the marsupial’s population booms
THE number of kangaroos in Australia has nearly doubled in recent years, and we need to do something about it.
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017     10:17AM
http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/experts-warn-australians-need-to-eat-more-kangaroos-as-the-marsupials-population-booms/news-story/9465175b998f4b88b505997b086603e1

KANGAROOS are overrunning Australia and the population of the marsupials is double that of humans.

New government data shows Australia’s kangaroo population is close to hitting 50 million.

In 2016, there were almost 45 million kangaroos in Australia, compared to about 27 million in 2010.

[...]

Professor Paton said Australia would lose a lot of biodiversity is we didn’t start to tackle the issue of the growing kangaroo population.

“It’s not the kangaroos’ fault they’re overabundant, it’s probably we’ve just been too reluctant to take a stick to them, remove them out of the system sooner, to actually prevent the damage being caused,” he said.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/experts-warn-australians-need-to-eat-more-kangaroos-as-the-marsupials-population-booms/news-story/9465175b998f4b88b505997b086603e1
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

I like that avatar, @truth_seeker
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I like that avatar, @truth_seeker

Thanks. That is a Viking war helmut, from my ancestors. Uncovered at Vendel,  Uppland, Sweden.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofgud4wLLo
@truth_seeker
As soon as I saw the title old Rolf came to mind, to bad he had such an appetite for children instead of marsupials, still the song brings a smile.