Author Topic: September 11, 2001  (Read 1745 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: September 11, 2001
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 07:25:41 pm »
I give you credit for recognizing that Marines are soldiers, too. 

At least the Bushes had Army soldiers do it...   :laugh:

Hrmuph...didn't realize they had done that as well.

Clearly the Bush's are letting their navy and Air Force hatred of all things Army shine through by doing that.  :laugh:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 07:26:12 pm »
Trump's love does not go beyond self-love.  He panders to his base the way Obama pandered to his.  He simply knows how to stroke the rhetoric well. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »
I may have issues with some of what Trump says or does, but I do not doubt his love of Country or the Military. I believed the same of Bush, and just as with Trump I called him out when i felt he was wrong and praised when he was right. That is our right and privilege in America and God Bless the men and women that make the sacrifice to defend our right to do so. Sorry if I jumped off topic.

:thumbsup:

I think he has a similar respect for other responders, not just military, but I don't know of evidence to back that feeling.  But it means a lot to me that he's respectful of this day.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 07:29:07 pm »
I may have issues with some of what Trump says or does, but I do not doubt his love of Country or the Military. I believed the same of Bush, and just as with Trump I called him out when i felt he was wrong and praised when he was right. That is our right and privilege in America and God Bless the men and women that make the sacrifice to defend our right to do so. Sorry if I jumped off topic.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
:thumbsup:

I think he has a similar respect for other responders, not just military, but I don't know of evidence to back that feeling.  But it means a lot to me that he's respectful of this day.
I didn't mean to exclude anyone. I know I specifically mentioned the military, in my attempt to refrain from the verbose I apparently by omission excluded the many who sacrifice their time energy and lives to aid and protect Americans, and yes I believe Trump respects and honors them too.
@Suppressed

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 12:09:52 am »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 01:21:42 am »
President Bush, for all his faults, was the right President at the right time on 9/11.  IMHO, the only other president who might have been better would have been President Reagan.  One of my favorite Reagan speeches was right after the Challenger tragedy.  President Reagan was supposed to deliver the State of the Union speech.  Instead, he spoke to a shocked and saddened nation from the White House.  That speech gave hope and comfort, but also rallied our strength and courage.  President Bush did the same with his 9/11 address.

If anyone wants to view President Reagan's Challenger speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7icmqgsow

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 04:39:41 am »
As I said last year we covered it in the newsroom.

I know 3 people who died.

I personally sign off all radio, tv, newspapers, etc. it's my way of dealing with my ptsd.

Although I do cheat by looking at the weather app on my phone.

I was in bed unable to move just numb. Listened to music. And wept, holding my teddy bear. I missed you all here but ...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:45:56 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 01:39:19 pm »
Where was young Hussein Obama when the attacks occurred? Well, no one can remember him being around when and where he says he was, curiously.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org