Author Topic: Irma’s wrath confirms Trump’s wisdom in cutting that deal with Democrats  (Read 21537 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Irma’s wrath confirms Trump’s wisdom in cutting that deal with Democrats
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
I did not bring Cruz into this conservation. It appears that in any thread about Trump some sore loser bring up Cruz. Very tiresome.

I'm sure the mods will accept that excuse. :)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »
From what I understood the Mod to say last night, he/she doesn't intend to just lock a thread if this hijack starts up again....

I remember when JimKnob threatened to ban Cruz birthers from TOS.

It would have been one of the wisest things he could have done. Unfortunately he failed.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 07:17:42 pm »
From what I understood the Mod to say last night, he/she doesn't intend to just lock a thread if this hijack starts up again....

Yup you NeverTrumpers can bring Cruz up whenever you want, as often as you want and everything is fine. But if a Trump supporter happens to point out Cruzs' considerable pimples all hell break lose. Fine this is after all your "safe place".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:18:01 pm by jpsb »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2017, 07:21:05 pm »
By that reckoning why didn't Trump just side with the GOP version and raise the debt ceiling for 18 months and give Congress a blank check to spend it on whatever their hearts and constituencies demand?  I mean, we might as well just get rid of that 'debt ceiling' obstacle altogether now, and just spend, spend, spend on everything all at once as opposed to actually creating a clean disaster relief bill that the rest of us already-stretched-to-the-limit taxpayers will have foot by doing without to bail out yet more dependents on Big Federal Mama.

Trump wants congress to do it job and part of that job is putting together a budget. He just gave them three months to show they are capable of doing their job.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2017, 07:21:21 pm »
Yup you NeverTrumpers can bring Cruz up whenever you want, as often as you want and everything is fine. But if a Trump supporter happens to point out Cruzs' considerable pimples all hell break lose. Fine this is after all your "safe place".

Are you daft?  They don't want us going off topic.  You also shouldn't talk about your Poodle in this thread.  How about just talking about Irma/Trump's wisdom/Democrats?

Unless it is your goal, like many of us NTs suspect, to get threads like this locked.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »

I am no "Never Trumper." 

So what do you think, did Trump do a smart thing here in cutting a deal with the Dems over FEMA and the debt ceiling or not?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:33:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2017, 07:27:15 pm »
Are you daft?  They don't want us going off topic.  You also shouldn't talk about your Poodle in this thread.  How about just talking about Irma/Trump's wisdom/Democrats?

Unless it is your goal, like many of us NTs suspect, to get threads like this locked.

Why would I want to get this thread locked? The article is very positive towards Trump and no one has submited anything of substance to detract from the fact that Trump got FEMA the money FEMA needs to deal with Harvey and Irma. It was not me that got "off topic" I just responded to the "real conservative" BS I read all the time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:28:50 pm by jpsb »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »

This is your last warning on thread hijacks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2017, 07:31:31 pm »
Their mindset has been to demonize real conservatives here AND  to demonize and bashTed Cruz, whom we real conservatives all supported in the primary.   I definitely am a 'real conservative' but I guess I'm not really a 'real Christian'.... since I am becoming convinced that this pope is the False Prophet spoken of in Revelations.  He fits the description more and more every day.  I'm just wondering who and where his b-buddy, the Anti-Christ, is right about now.  Don't see anyone that charismatic...yet.

Did the Pope say something hurricane related?  I must have missed it.  I can't stand this false Pope.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
I don't consider Cruz a real conservative he was for amnesty, he wanted vast increases in visas, he was for fast tracking TPP. He lied repeatedly on the campaign trail. Plus he knows he is ineligible to be POTUS since he is a natural born citizen of Canada not the USA.

Cruz does do a good job of fooling folks into thinking he is the only true conservative, LOL. I will give him that but he has not fooled me. I have watched him closely these last 4 years and I've concluded he is a phony. Still better than a rat so I will vote for him in 2018 if he is on the ballot.

Thank goodness someone is watching Cruz ... he might be planning another assassination.  You know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2017, 07:34:31 pm »
Trump wants congress to do it job and part of that job is putting together a budget. He just gave them three months to show they are capable of doing their job.

Oh that's clever.... to suggest Trump made a deal with Pelosi and Schumer's agenda to give the Republicans time to get their act together is priceless!  Pure bovine scatology pap, but clever!

I don't fall for it.

Like every other typical liberal, self-identifying "Conservatives" now also believe money grows on trees, just like your average Leftist.  They think Congress should appropriate whatever it can or the Executive should just make deals with whomever he can to print more money out of thin air to hand out to whomever the government has decreed are the beneficiaries of everyone else's hard-earned money.

Then go on camera and try to shame everyone opposed to what was done because it's "for disaster relief' and "we cannot play around with disaster aid" - ignoring the fact FEMA exists with an annual budget to handle and deal with disasters on a major scope already.

And if, disasters dwarf the existing 17 billions - a clean bill for relief should be drafted, passed and signed.

But no.  DeeCee has to skim their cut of whatever funds there are for themselves first.  Get rich off of a disaster because more funds are needed.

Trump got FEMA the money FEMA needs to deal with Harvey and Irma.

FEMA already has an annual budget to the tune of billions.  The debt ceiling and all the bloated trillions to extend government's open-ended credit card has nothing to do with disaster relief.

But you knew that already.

This is just about making Trump out to be the Beneficial Dear Leader that can weed whack Congress that you want to make him out to be.

Trump is just filling the swamp with more stagnant water and money wrung from our pockets while calling it disaster relief.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2017, 07:37:21 pm »
Thank goodness someone is watching Cruz ... he might be planning another assassination.  You know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I know you must have forgot to post your sarcasm tag..../s...

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 07:38:40 pm »

I have been posting on the internet since 1984ish. First on usenet news, later on Free Republic and now here, twitter and a few other sites. I really do not understand the "value" of staying "on topic". Threads take on a life of their own, that is one of the things that makes it fun to read them and post in them. The little seqways (sp) are sometimes very informative and sometimes down right stupid. But usually interesting. Rigidly enforcing a "Stay on Topic" rule to shutdown unpopular views is IMHO not a good idea.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:01 pm »
I have been posting on the internet since 1984ish. First on usenet news, later on Free Republic and now here, twitter and a few other sites. I really do not understand the "value" of staying "on topic". Threads take on a life of their own, that is one of the things that makes it fun to read them and post in them. The little seqways (sp) are sometimes very informative and sometimes down right stupid. But usually interesting. Rigidly enforcing a "Stay on Topic" rule to shutdown unpopular views is IMHO not a good idea.

Well, I for one, hate a thread going down the drain of *another* BS session about Cruz's NBC status.  Taking the scenic route here and there is one thing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2017, 07:42:32 pm »
Thank you!!!

Fawning praise for every action is tedious.

I know Trumpsters will disagree, but Trump has been praised for a number of his actions, most notably Justice Gorsuch.

Tapping the breaks on knee jerk reactions to criticism of Trump would go a long ways toward d broadening the base, which Trump will need in 2020.

@Night Hides Not

Post of the day!  Maybe the month!   888high58888

It's tedious to the point that it is driving good people away from this site! 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:59:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2017, 07:42:35 pm »

So his way of getting them to do that is becoming best friends with the Liberals?

Bull (blank).  That's not leadership.  That's a distinct and purposeful lurch to the left.

And how many more years of 3 month CR's are we going to have to endure?  We've already dealt with 8 years of no budgets and basically a slush fund in place of a real fiscally responsible budget.

If you think that Congress is honestly going to get it's act together in three months on it's own?  I've got some ocean front property in West Texas I'd like to sell you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mod1

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2017, 07:46:25 pm »

There is no rigid enforcement of a "Stay on Topic" rule here, as I'm sure you well know.  There is a "do not troll and intentionally disrupt threads" rule here. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2017, 07:47:43 pm »
I know you must have forgot to post your sarcasm tag..../s...

Surely no one here is dumb enough not to recognize such blatant sarcasm ...

On the other hand /s

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2017, 07:49:09 pm »
There is no rigid enforcement of a "Stay on Topic" rule here, as I'm sure you well know.  There is a "do not troll and intentionally disrupt threads" rule here.

There are some really annoying people here who WILL NOT shut up.

On the other hand, I don't want this to be an echo chamber.

Good luck on your job ... I wouldn't want it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2017, 07:50:20 pm »
So are the outbreaks of cookie recipes and pet pictures scattered throughout all categories considered thread jacking, or just those posts about ted cruz? I'd appreciate some clarity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:52:40 pm by aligncare »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2017, 07:51:00 pm »
Surely no one here is dumb enough not to recognize such blatant sarcasm ...

On the other hand /s

:whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2017, 07:51:19 pm »
I remember when JimKnob threatened to ban Cruz birthers from TOS.

It would have been one of the wisest things he could have done. Unfortunately he failed.
JR has pretty much ruined FR by banning silencing any and all that disagree with him. I've been there since 1999 and I've seen him run off a lot of talent. It wouldn't be so bad if his views stayed consistent but with JR you just never know what group is on the outs today. The in crowd over there just loves to zot, it is a game for them.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »
So do the outbreaks of cookie recipes and pet pictures scattered throughout all categories considered thread jacking, or just those posts about ted cruz? I'd appreciate some clarity.

I have a hypothetical; if I called you a pu$$y, would it be considered a personal insult or just a comment on your avatar? 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:26 pm »

Okay, I see the point.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2017, 07:58:45 pm »
Okay, I see the point.
Because you can be rational, and please take that as the compliment it was meant. I believe that the majority here despite some occasional heated disagreements, we are only human after all, settle into a rational discourse with just a modicum of sniping.
@aligncare