Author Topic: Luis Gutierrez: Democrats ready to shut down government if Dream Act fails  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Luis Gutierrez: Democrats ready to shut down government if Dream Act fails
by Diana Stancy Correll | Sep 8, 2017, 8:58 PM

Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., said he and other liberal House Democrats are prepared to support a government shutdown if House members fail to pass the Dream Act and protect hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants from being deported.

"We have a Democratic caucus where I know the vast majority of the members of the Democratic caucus are ready to say ‘If there is no pathway forward, not only for the 800,000 and for visas for all of you, but also for the rest of immigrant youth through the Dream Act, then there is no government for anyone,'" Gutierrez said Friday during a press conference with the United We Dream advocacy group. "We will shut it down or let the Republicans keep it open with their own votes."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/luis-gutierrez-democrats-ready-to-shut-down-government-if-dream-act-fails/article/2633903
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Luis Gutierrez: Democrats ready to shut down government if Dream Act fails
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »
Good.  I love the law of unintended consequences.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:30:52 pm »
If they can live with the blame

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:33:50 pm »
If they can live with the blame

There'll be no blame for them.

Suddenly a government shutdown will become a valiant stand on principle. The republicans will shoulder the blame for their pig headed cruel heartedness.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:37:13 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:53:25 pm »
, then there is no government for anyone

He says it like I should think that is a bad thing.

We should have a poll.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:59 pm »
I'm not sure of the history behind it, but federal government white collar union employees are still paid in full during a government shutdown. That policy needs to end.

Then Luis Gutierrez wouldn't be so bold considering that probably close to 100% of federal government white collar union employees vote Democratic.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 06:31:20 pm »
I'm not sure of the history behind it, but federal government white collar union employees are still paid in full during a government shutdown. That policy needs to end.

Then Luis Gutierrez wouldn't be so bold considering that probably close to 100% of federal government white collar union employees vote Democratic.

Maybe Dear Leader Trump will do that for us?