Author Topic: Eichmann Revisited  (Read 591 times)

Offline endicom

Eichmann Revisited
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:12:59 pm »
National Review
Andrew Koenig
Sept. 9,2017

A museum exhibit on the Holocaust organizer is not banal, but too clean and antiseptic.

A dark and narrow tunnel leads into Operation Finale: The Capture & Trial of Adolf Eichmann, on display at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York until December 22. Its walls bear familiar images of the Holocaust — Jews in line for “selection” at Auschwitz; the little boy in Warsaw with his hands up; human skeletons in liberated camps.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451216/adolf-eichmann-museum-exhibit

An all-too-human look at the players.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Eichmann Revisited
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:07:43 pm »
Examples will be made.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goatprairie

Re: Eichmann Revisited
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:12 pm »
I was ten years old when the news  about Eichmann being  captured in Argentina was in the local paper and on the tv news. Up to that point I hardly knew diddly squat about the Nazi atrocities and attempts at killing all the Jews.
I have no sympathy for Eichmann or any of the other Nazi killers or "functionaries" who gladly participated in the genocide.
But I do wonder what went through their heads as they saw Germany losing the war in the latter years and what they would do when everything collapsed. They had to be thinking about dangling at the end of a rope or standing in front of a firing squad.
Of course, I'm sorry they never caught monsters like Mengele.