Author Topic: Homeland Security Plans Massive Roundups of Undocumented Immigrants  (Read 435 times)

rangerrebew

SEP 7 2017, 7:59 PM ETSEP 7 2017, 7:59 PM ET

Homeland Security Plans Massive Roundups of Undocumented Immigrants

by JULIA AINSLEY and ANDREW BLANKSTEIN

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's Department of Homeland Security is planning nationwide raids to target 8,400 undocumented immigrants later this month, according to three law enforcement officials and an internal document that described the plan as "the largest operation of its kind in the history of ICE," an acronym for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The raids, scheduled over five days beginning Sept. 17, are being called "Operation Mega," according to the document, a memo circulated agency-wide in August.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-kind-n799691

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Homeland Security Plans Massive Roundups of Undocumented Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:18:17 pm »
Sounds intimidating, but I wonder if all of these folks have criminal records.

Also, the number "8,400" isn't so large, considering the millions that are here.

Not even a proverbial "drop in the bucket"...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Homeland Security Plans Massive Roundups of Undocumented Immigrants
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
Yeah. Do that every day for two and a half years, and that'd get rid of the 11 million basic load they claim. Finish out the eight of a two-termer, and it might make a dent, provided something slows down the reflux...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis