Author Topic: Equifax says data from 143 million Americans exposed in hack  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Equifax data breech to affect up to 143 million
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 07:17:35 am »
@montanajoe

AsI recall and of being of a nice old age, the first three digits of your SSN is an area where you first received your Social Security card.  Say you were born in a place not very  populated such as Montana, all of your children and you would have the same first three digits.

The final six digits are your actual number. Sometimes doctors ask for my SS number.  Nope.  I will give them the final four numbers, but that is it.  Anyone can guess the first three digits.

We are all in deep doo-doo.

That is correct @Slip18 the first three show where you were born, or if you became a citizen. For example I know 0 and 1 are East Coast. 4 5 West and I think 6 is naturalized citizen. That's the first digit.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Equifax says data from 143 million Americans exposed in hack
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 10:09:42 am »
ATLANTA (AP) -- Credit monitoring company Equifax says a breach exposed social security numbers and other data from about 143 million Americans.

Just read that Equifax has known about this since July 29th.  This has morphed from incompetent to criminal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Equifax says data from 143 million Americans exposed in hack
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 07:17:05 pm »
Just read that Equifax has known about this since July 29th.  This has morphed from incompetent to criminal.

And three executives sold stock after they learned about the breach.