Author Topic: 'Meet A Muslim' Event In New Brunswick Saturday  (Read 407 times)

Offline Suppressed

'Meet A Muslim' Event In New Brunswick Saturday
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:29:49 pm »
Posted in National News because it's a national event.

'Meet A Muslim' Event In New Brunswick Saturday
This is part of a nationwide effort to answer questions about Islam, help build bridges and learn about new cultures.
By Carly Baldwin (Patch Staff) - Updated September 8, 2017 7:48 am ET

NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ — This Saturday, September 9, Muslim youth from across the United States will take part in the second national #MeetAMuslim Day, and you can participate right here in New Brunswick.

Where: 1 Easton Ave. New Brunswick, NJ from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.

This is part of a nationwide effort to answer questions about Islam in order to build bridges and eliminate the ignorance. It is organized by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA), the young men’s organization of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA, who will host #MeetAMuslim events nationwide in 80 locations across the country. In each location, young men and boys from the AMYA will stand in public spaces holding signs reading "I'm a Muslim, ask me anything" or "Meet a Muslim."

[...]

Excerpt.  Read more at https://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/meet-muslim-new-brunswick-saturday
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: 'Meet A Muslim' Event In New Brunswick Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »
I'll pass. I live in a neighborhood of Irving with a rapidly growing mosque. Thing is, all denominations are doing exceedingly well, so it's not like they're "taking over".

Just a guess, but if a jihad attack occurred in our area, the mosque would be a pile of ashes within n 48 hours. Texans "live and let live", but don't like to be messed with.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.