Author Topic: The Latest: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again  (Read 713 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The Latest: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:52:47 pm »
CHINO, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on a parole hearing for former “Manson Family” member Leslie Van Houten (all times local):

3:30 p.m.

Leslie Van Houten, the youngest of Charles Mason’s murderous followers, has been granted parole by a California board.

Van Houten, who was 19 when she killed for Manson in 1969, appeared before a parole panel for the 21st time Wednesday.

Gov. Jerry Brown now has a 120-day period to affirm, reverse or take no action on the decision.

Last year, a similar panel granted her parole but was overruled by the governor.

Over two nights in August 1969, Manson’s ragtag band of followers killed seven people, including actress Sharon Tate.

Van Houten, now 68, didn’t take part in the first night’s killings of Tate and four others. But she helped kill grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, on the second night.

Since her incarceration more than 40 years ago, she has been a model prisoner.

___

12:22 a.m.

The youngest of Charles Mason’s murderous followers is once more attempting to persuade a California parole panel she has reformed and deserves to be released from prison.

Leslie Van Houten, who was 19 when she killed for Manson in 1969, is scheduled to appear before a parole panel for the 21st time Wednesday.

Last year, a similar panel tentatively granted her parole but was overruled by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Over two nights in August 1969, Manson’s rag-tag band of followers killed seven people, including actress Sharon Tate.

Van Houten, now 68, didn’t take part in the first night’s killings of Tate and four others. But she helped kill grocer Leno La Bianca and his wife, Rosemary, on the second night.

Since her incarceration more than 40 years ago, she has been a model prisoner.

https://apnews.com/87e499026d894abf9dedd330e727fd89

(story is breaking)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: The Latest: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:59:49 pm »
My FIL grew up with members of the LaBianca family in the NE Lost Angeles area.

In August 1969 I was serving in the US Army at Fort Ord, California.

Reagan was Governor of California at that time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:16:46 pm »
Didn't Gov Moonbeam had some connection with Tate or Polanski and the hollywood types back then.... wonder if he will send her murdering ass back to prison.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »
Gov. Moonbeam reversed the parole board's previous decision to release her. The question is whether he'll do it again.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:21:45 am »
Gov. Moonbeam reversed the parole board's previous decision to release her. The question is whether he'll do it again.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^. We've reached a sad state of affairs we're hoping Moonbeam saves the day. May heaven help us.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:22:18 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 12:29:55 pm »
I was wondering whether Moonbeam had vetoed the parole board's decision yet. Looks like he's out of state. Where's the outrage over his Russian connections?   :laugh:
Jerry Brown’s gone off to Russia
By Dan Walters
September 7, 2017 Updated: September 7, 2017 5:06pm

Californians are dealing with a late summer outbreak of devastating wildfires. Even the National Guard has been called out to fight them.

On Tuesday, the Legislature began the final, furious days of its 2017 session with hundreds of bills still in limbo, including a package of housing measures that everyone considers vitally important to the state’s future.

And where is the state’s governor during this uncertain period? He’s thousands of miles away, in Vladivostok, Russia, participating in a global economic conference.  ...
SF Chronicle
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 12:39:12 pm »
I was in kindergarten when this happened but I read Helter Skelter. Scared the you know what  out of me. That those teens did such things..... had nightmares for weeks.

I don't understand how you can kill someone. And I've had a lot of psych classes
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:40:12 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:54 pm »
"Since her incarceration more than 40 years ago, she has been a model prisoner."

Yea, I'm "sure" this makes the families of the murdered feel better.

Keep this murdering psychotic creature in prison for the rest of her life.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 03:24:13 pm »
Why continue wasting good money keeping her alive.  Dump her on the curb with $100 and a bus ticket to the nearest town and be done with it. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 05:40:29 pm »
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^. We've reached a sad state of affairs we're hoping Moonbeam saves the day. May heaven help us.
Well it's his damn fault that all these cretins weren't put down and out of societies misery back in his first failure as governor.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 05:42:48 pm »
I was in kindergarten when this happened but I read Helter Skelter. Scared the you know what  out of me. That those teens did such things..... had nightmares for weeks.

I don't understand how you can kill someone. And I've had a lot of psych classes
You don't understand and couldn't because you are a normal human being, Manson and his followers were sick animals that should have been put down, that they weren't is all moonbeams fault to begin with.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »
You don't understand and couldn't because you are a normal human being, Manson and his followers were sick animals that should have been put down, that they weren't is all moonbeams fault to begin with.

I blame the SCOTUS.  Manson and Fam were sentenced to death, IIRC (at least Manson was), and the SCOTUS did a blanket commute when they overturned the entire death penalty in the 70's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: