Author Topic: Israeli Jets 'Hit Factory Behind Syria Chemical Attack'  (Read 745 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Israeli Jets 'Hit Factory Behind Syria Chemical Attack'
« on: September 07, 2017, 02:51:45 pm »
Israeli jets have reportedly targeted a suspected chemical weapons factory in western Syria.

The Syrian National Army said four IAF warplanes hit a military site in Hama province, near Masyaf, in the early hours of Thursday morning, killing two soldiers and causing massive damage.

The strike will raise tensions, with Syria warning there will be "dangerous repercussions of this aggressive action to the security and stability of the region".

It is believed the site was linked to the sarin gas attack in April, which UN investigators said was the work of the Syrian government.

http://news.sky.com/story/israeli-jets-hit-factory-behind-syria-chemical-attack-11024099
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:56:28 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Israeli Jets 'Hit Factory Behind Syria Chemical Attack'
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »
There's plenty of buzz about this that this might have been a factory making weapons for Hezbollah.

'Israel may have struck the Syrian weapons facility before Hezbollah could take over'
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-may-have-struck-the-Syrian-weapons-facility-before-Hezbollah-could-take-over-504469

If it was a chemical weapons plant, I almost wonder if the Syrian Government would have even talked of the attack though I find the US's and Israel's word on the situation more persuasive. Syria undoubtedly will deny it was a chem weapons plant. It's also being called a scientific center in some places.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »
There's plenty of buzz about this that this might have been a factory making weapons for Hezbollah.
 It's also being called a scientific center in some places.

I guess baby/infant  formula plant was already  taken.  Maybe Syria  could use Peter Arnett as a front man to make their case?  Trot out some dude with a white lab coat with " scientific center "  printed in english on the back of it.   Or a hand painted sign on the remnants of a front door saying " No Chemical Weapons Here"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:33:05 pm by Wingnut »

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 03:51:04 pm »
At least someone has the stones to deny an outlaw group WMDs.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 06:49:35 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:51:46 pm »

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:00:46 pm »
ISRAELI OFFICIAL: IF IRAN EXPANDS IN SYRIA, WE'LL BOMB ASSAD'S PALACE

Israel warned Russia of dire consequences if Iran is allowed to continue on its current path in Syria.

A senior Israeli official warned the Russian government that if Iran continues to extend its reach in Syria, Israel will bomb Syrian President Bashar Assad's palace in Damascus, according to reports in Arab media.

Israel also warned that if serious changes do not happen in the region, Israel will make sure the ceasefire deal, reached by the United States and Russia in Astana, Kazakhstan, will be nullified.

http://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israeli-Official-If-Iran-extends-in-Syrian-well-bomb-Assads-palace-503597