Author Topic: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid  (Read 44301 times)

Wingnut

Re: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 10:07:09 pm »
Cowardly like showing up and posting nothing of value to the thread and doing hit and run taunting to merely stir the pot?

That kind of cowardly what you're talking about?

:whistle:

Well That is just not fair of you my good Man.  All my posts have Value.  Some even have as much as unlicked S & H Green Stamps and Enron stock.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »
Cowardly like showing up and posting nothing of value to the thread and doing hit and run taunting to merely stir the pot?

That kind of cowardly what you're talking about?

:whistle:

Well, I guess you showed us, didn't you?

*****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Concerned

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:21 pm »
The easy and more financially sound plan would've been to cut budget money from places like the EPA Dept of Education and Welfare and apply that money to disaster relief... especially since there are one possibly two more hurricanes in the Caribbean heading this way.

Now Trump gets two more chances to help the Dems raise the debt ceiling.

That's what I would have liked to see:  a zero-sum game.  If we need additional funds over here then we have to cut over there.  Not insisting on that after 9/11 was the mistake Bush made IMO.  If we can't make up for emergency funding/disaster relief then we need to boost revenue.  I think we've just got to get our fiscal house in order, but there doesn't appear to be much interest in that from Congress or from the White House.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »
That's what I would have liked to see:  a zero-sum game.  If we need additional funds over here then we have to cut over there.  Not insisting on that after 9/11 was the mistake Bush made IMO.  If we can't make up for emergency funding/disaster relief then we need to boost revenue.  I think we've just got to get our fiscal house in order, but there doesn't appear to be much interest in that from Congress or from the White House.

I agree.

As long as they are allowed to print as much money as they see fit without consequences they won't give it a second thought.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »
Don't I recall something about a clean bill that Trump couldn't get from the Pubs?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Joel B. Pollak6 Sep 2017

President Donald Trump reached a deal with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to raise the debt limit, fund Hurricane Harvey relief, and keep the government open until December.

The deal is a warning to Republicans — primarily to the party establishment, which has fought Trump at every turn, but also to conservative Republicans, who have long worried about Trump shifting leftwards.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/06/trumps-deal-democrats-warning-republicans-establishment-conservative-alike/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Memo: Trump pulls off a stone-cold stunner
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:38 pm »
The Memo: Trump pulls off a stone-cold stunner
By Niall Stanage - 09/06/17 06:19 PM EDT

President Trump for once united Washington on Wednesday — in shock.

Republicans and Democrats alike were left scratching their heads after the president did a deal with Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) over the express wishes of the most senior members of his own party.

Trump signed up to terms proposed by the Democrats on government funding, which would soon have run out, and the nation’s debt ceiling, which would soon have been hit.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/349533-the-memo-trump-pulls-off-a-stone-cold-stunner
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 11:03:44 pm »
Don't I recall something about a clean bill that Trump couldn't get from the Pubs?

Good thing you have Nancy and Chuck to clean things up for you...

Offline DB

Re: The Memo: Trump pulls off a stone-cold stunner
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 11:06:23 pm »
Free money for all! After all, its a "crisis" and we have to do something now...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:26 pm »

Trump isn't siding with the democrats, he's siding with congress.

Ryan and Mitchell et al can go home and campaign on how fiscally responsible they are, all parties can take credit for bringing home the bacon.

Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:10 pm »
Free money for all! After all, its a "crisis" and we have to do something now...

You mean like the right thing right now. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:39 pm »
What did Trump do that the republicans opposed? Did Mitch and company not get the funding they promised their big donors?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:14:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline DB

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 11:12:31 pm »

Ryan and Mitchell et al can go home and campaign on how fiscally responsible they are, all parties can take credit for bringing home the bacon.

Bringing home the bacon is siding with the DC swamp. Something Trump vowed to change. What a joke... On us...

Offline DB

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 11:16:05 pm »

Keep telling yourself making deals with Nancy and Chucky against the will of the rest of "his" party is the right thing at the right time... Trump the pied piper of our time... At least for some...

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 11:30:28 pm »
MAGA was one big hairy @$$3d lie.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Concerned

I think Trump will work with anyone (and I mean anyone) who he THINKS will make him look good -- personally.  I don't think he's ideological or principled in any way.  I think he'll roll with the wind and sacrifice any and everything if he perceives it benefits him.  Look at ObamaCare:  he loved the House bill until the press was bad about it -- then he said it was "heartless".  Look at DACA -- he wanted to rescind it until the press was negative about it then he called for it's legalization. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

I think Trump will work with anyone (and I mean anyone) who he THINKS will make him look good -- personally.  I don't think he's ideological or principled in any way.  I think he'll roll with the wind and sacrifice any and everything if he perceives it benefits him.  Look at ObamaCare:  he loved the House bill until the press was bad about it -- then he said it was "heartless".  Look at DACA -- he wanted to rescind it until the press was negative about it then he called for it's legalization.

I think Mitch and Paul were begging Trump not to throw them in the briar patch.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:40:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline ConservativeGranny

We told you so.

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 11:52:53 pm »
With two more hurricanes coming there are bound to be more "great deals" made. With the dems. Maybe they can add the Dream act to one of the hurricane relief bills and Trump can stop agonizing over it.  Can't say we didn't warn you.

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »

You can use the hurricane for an excuse if you want to but the truth as I see it is that the dems were going to get their way with or without the hurricane. You could see it coming a mile away. There was no way Trump really wanted to end DACA. And that wall he promised is never going to happen either. The excuse will be that there is no money for it now. Not his fault of course but I'll bet Trump is doing the happy dance right about now.

Wingnut

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2017, 12:00:06 am »
Keep telling yourself making deals with Nancy and Chucky against the will of the rest of "his" party is the right thing at the right time... Trump the pied piper of our time... At least for some...

What ever helps you sleep at night.  I know this puts to bed any worry on funding for Harvey for those affected.  And that is all that really matters.  This was not the hill to die on.  Get over it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2017, 12:15:09 am »
I'll say it again, my problem with the whole damn thing is that the Republicans were NOT, are NOT, will NOT be against raising the debt ceiling.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2017, 12:38:45 am »
I don't give a damn if I crack you up @DB.

The President personally promised adequate and quick financial assistance for the victims of Harvey's flooding---and that means he's in no mood for a repeat performance of bickering and no results from the GOP Senatorial Caucus.

Once bitten, twice shy.   The GOP needs to get its act together and produce legislation the President can sign.   Otherwise,  Trump will deal with the devil - especially on something as vital as hurricane relief.    I'll take Trump at his word - this clears the way for work to begin on tax reform.  All it takes is GOP unity . . .
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

Same difference these days in all honesty.

There is not one thing even remotely responsible...fiscally or otherwise...in continually and recklessly raising the debt ceiling.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2017, 12:41:58 am »
I'll say it again, my problem with the whole damn thing is that the Republicans were NOT, are NOT, will NOT be against raising the debt ceiling.

They will never be against it as long as there are no repercussions for colluding with and acting like Liberal Democrats.