Author Topic: Good Lord, Why Do Americans Put Up With Corruption?  (Read 937 times)

rangerrebew

Good Lord, Why Do Americans Put Up With Corruption?
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:38:48 am »
Sep 06, 2017 Read More Articles by Ron Ewart

“Your individual, natural, God-given rights, are only as good as the depth of your willingness and courage to defend them.”  —Ron Ewart

Last week in our article entitled “The Distorted Window Through Which Americans Perceive Reality” we talked about the great goodness in the American people.  The American people ARE good and generous, as donations of food, clothing, money and volunteers to the Hurricane Harvey victims attest.  The outpouring of neighbor helping neighbor during this national calamity is inspiring.  And yes, local, state and the federal government are stepping up to the plate as well with leadership, equipment and money.  Nevertheless, we wonder why Americans cannot see how tyrannical government has become and how many freedoms we have lost since we drifted away from self-reliance, individual responsibility and Constitutional liberties.

https://newswithviews.com/good-lord-why-do-americans-put-up-with-corruption/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Good Lord, Why Do Americans Put Up With Corruption?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:20:29 am »
C.S. Lewis gives us insight into the answer:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

Let me put it in a blunter way (the only "way" I know):

I prefer the corrupt politician who takes his bribes but leaves me and the rest of society alone, to the "honest" one who is determined to control my life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 02:45:15 am »

Was answered in our Establishing Document:

"...All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed". Declaration of Independence.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 02:56:23 am »
Mark.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien