Author Topic: How to Prevent, and Treat, Lyme Disease in People and Pets. U.S. health officials warn that cases of the illness are on the rise  (Read 418 times)

rangerrebew

How to Prevent, and Treat, Lyme Disease in People and Pets
U.S. health officials warn that cases of the illness are on the rise

By Mary Elizabeth Dallas
Saturday, September 2, 2017
HealthDay news image

SATURDAY, Sept. 2, 2017 (HealthDay News) -- If you're planning to be outdoors this holiday weekend, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration wants you to know that ticks are most active during the summer months.

Campers, hikers and gardeners are among those at greatest risk of tick bites. Ticks are transported by deer and mice, which thrive in suburban and wooded areas, the agency warned. And, they hang around for most of autumn and even into winter if the weather is mild.

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_168181.html

Offline ConstitutionRose

A friend lost her Saint Bernard to lyme's disease.  Atticus takes the preventative that kills ticks on contact and has had the vaccine.

When I was a kid growing up in Texas and Oklahoma we thought about tick bites as just a part of life.  I was always vastly more annoyed with the chiggers.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.