Author Topic: Former Trump Aides Think Manafort Will Be Indicted For Financial Crimes  (Read 1139 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Former Trump Aides Think Manafort Will Be Indicted For Financial Crimes
Alex Pfeiffer and Chuck Ross
Reporters
4:00 PM 09/05/2017

Former Trump campaign aides are telling The Daily Caller that they increasingly believe former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort will be indicted for crimes such as money laundering or tax evasion.

One of the former campaign advisers has knowledge of the ongoing investigations into Manafort, a longtime Republican operative who joined the Trump campaign last March. Another former aide said that his knowledge of Manafort’s history of working with despots, coupled with news reports about Mueller’s investigation, led him to believe that an indictment of Manafort is becoming more likely.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/exclusive-former-trump-aides-think-manafort-will-be-indicted-for-financial-crimes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Former Trump Aides Think Manafort Will Be Indicted For Financial Crimes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »
Anyone actually looking for new substantive information in this article will be disappointed and should look elsewhere.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:44:11 pm »
I noticed Meuller is going with this angle, even apparently working with the IRS to find financial improprieties in the Trump circle.

Problem is, what does any of that have to do with the given reason for this investigation, the accusation of Russia having interfered with our presidential election? Not a damn thing.

This is a witch hunt, pure and simple.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »
I noticed Meuller is going with this angle, even apparently working with the IRS to find financial improprieties in the Trump circle.

Problem is, what does any of that have to do with the given reason for this investigation, the accusation of Russia having interfered with our presidential election? Not a damn thing.

The article makes it clear. Mueller is looking at Manafort's financial dealings long before he had anything to do with this administration, hoping to find something he can use against him to get him to cooperate on the Trump/Russia narrative.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:10 pm »
The article makes it clear. Mueller is looking at Manafort's financial dealings long before he had anything to do with this administration, hoping to find something he can use against him to get him to cooperate on the Trump/Russia narrative.

To bad nobody has the cojones to play that game with Hillary and crew.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:15:17 am »
To bad nobody has the cojones to play that game with Hillary and crew.

Established fact that people would rather do time than rat on the Clintons.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:19:12 am »
Established fact that people would rather do time than rat on the Clintons.

Its easier to continue to draw breath that way.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 12:52:52 am »
As I said before, Manafort was only involved with the Trump campaign during the primaries, so if the trail runs through him, it means the general election was not affected.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 02:22:03 am »
As I said before, Manafort was only involved with the Trump campaign during the primaries, so if the trail runs through him, it means the general election was not affected.

Manafort joined the campaign in March 2016 to lead "delegate corralling".  In June, he was promoted to Campaign Manager when Lewandowski was fired.  Trump then accepted the nomination at the convention July 18-21, 2016.  Trump then accepted his resignation on August 19, 2016.  The primaries were long over by then and Trump had been the official nominee of the party for about a month. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 02:24:05 am »
Only the best people.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 02:59:26 am »
   I may be wrong, but Manafort denied Reagan the nomination in 76 with the same crap he pulled on Cruz in 2016 with the GOP.     
   He gave us Ford who promptly lost to Carter AND Trump who almost lost to hellary.   
   Screw Manafort.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 04:28:21 am »

I don't know.  Maybe Mueller is looking for a money trail between Manafort and the Russians and perhaps from there to/from Trump and/or others in his circle.

I'm not making judgments on this investigation till it's completed.  But I don't get all the whining about the inveatigation. Are people afraid Mueller might actually uncover wrongdoing?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 12:54:17 pm »
I don't know.  Maybe Mueller is looking for a money trail between Manafort and the Russians and perhaps from there to/from Trump and/or others in his circle.

I'm not making judgments on this investigation till it's completed.  But I don't get all the whining about the inveatigation. Are people afraid Mueller might actually uncover wrongdoing?

What I'm afraid of is that they'll find something on him from 10 years ago completely unrelated to Trump, but the media will take it and run with it anyways as a sign of corruption in the admin. Or, they'll use it to get him to purjure himself like they did Scooter Libby, or some other legal sideshow that never actually proves anything to do with Russia.
The Republic is lost.