Author Topic: Dems threaten to sue Trump over DACA  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems threaten to sue Trump over DACA
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:10:16 pm »
Dems threaten to sue Trump over DACA
By Reid Wilson - 09/05/17 04:52 PM EDT

Democratic attorneys general across the country have threatened to sue President Trump over his decision Tuesday to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, opening another front in the growing legal war between blue states and the Republican administration.

In public statements and letters to the Trump administration, 20 attorneys general urged Trump not to follow through on threats to end the five-year-old program, which allows those brought into the country illegally as children to work and live free of the threat of deportation.

“Ending DACA is un-American, and it’s going to threaten the health and safety of many individuals,” New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas (D) told The Hill. “Various attorneys general from across the country are preparing to defend DACA recipients. The Constitution applies [to them] as well in terms of equal protection and due process.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/349302-dems-threaten-to-sue-trump-over-daca
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: Dems threaten to sue Trump over DACA
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:33:00 pm »
I know it makes for a good sound bite to say:  “But in terminating DACA, the Trump administration has also violated the Constitution and federal law"; however, it's not at all clear to me what the basis of these supposed Democratic law suits would be.   :shrug:  How exactly is rescinding Obama's DACA Executive Order violating the Constitution and federal law?   :shrug:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:36:23 pm »
I've come to realize that many of these reporters write things that, while having very little in terms of substance, make them personally feel better.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:19:48 pm »
Let them sue.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!