Author Topic: Can 'Bedtime' Teas Really Help You Fall Asleep Faster?  (Read 441 times)

rangerrebew

Can 'Bedtime' Teas Really Help You Fall Asleep Faster?
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:40:04 am »
Can 'Bedtime' Teas Really Help You Fall Asleep Faster?
You've seen them at the supermarket—but do sleep-inducing teas really work?
By Colleen De Bellefonds for WomensHealthMag.com August 30, 2017

Lots of us swear by our bedtime tea—and many companies make teas specifically geared to helping you get a better night's sleep. But do these concoctions actually work, or are they mostly placebo? We had a couple of nutritionists peek at the most common ingredients to weigh in on their actual effects on tiredness and sleep.

https://www.prevention.com/health/teas-for-sleep

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Can 'Bedtime' Teas Really Help You Fall Asleep Faster?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:19 pm »
I was exposed to little of my grandmother's knowledge of natural remedies.  She made up mint and camomile tea and cooled it to treat my infant son's first gas attack.  That baby is now 38 and we are still using it.  My husband was astonished to learn it really works.

I think any tea that relaxes you and/or contains melatonin will help with sleep, but I also believe the ritual helps.

Both my husband and my son have insomnia.  They can't turn off their minds at night.  Neither of them are willing to build any ritual to aid their sleep.  They persist in doing all the things that make it harder to sleep. 

I put a square of fabric dotted with a couple drops of lavender oil between my pillow and the pillowcase.  Your body warms the lavender oil, the scent rises around you face and relaxes you.  Your mind and body recognize that it is time to shutdown and rest.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.