Author Topic: Relax. It’s OK That You Voted For Donald Trump.  (Read 334 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Relax. It’s OK That You Voted For Donald Trump.
« on: September 04, 2017, 04:26:53 pm »
By Patterico
https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/09/03/relax-ok-voted-donald-trump/

Those of us who refused to vote for Donald Trump often find that, if we criticize Trump these days,
people respond with some variant of “BUT HILLARY!!” . . .

. . . These responses are genuinely puzzling to those of us who opposed Trump. Hillary Clinton is not the
President of the United States. Conservatives who opposed Trump are happy about that. We didn’t want
either Trump or Hillary to be President. So why do people keep bringing her up? She’s ancient history.

Today I figured out why people do this. I figured out why many people are so reflexively defensive of
Trump.

They’re justifying their decision to vote for him. And they see every criticism of Trump as a criticism of
them, for having voted for him.

You, the reluctant Trump voter, think that if I criticize Trump, that I am reproaching you for having voted
for him . . .

. . . I respect people who cast a vote for Donald Trump to avoid Hillary Clinton becoming President. I also
respect people who, like myself, found Trump a bridge too far and could not bring themselves to cast a
vote for the man. If you can respect my position, I can respect yours . . .

. . . So please. Stop taking it personally if I criticize Donald Trump. It doesn’t mean I’m attacking you for
having voted for him. I know you weren’t taken in by him. I understand the fact that you considered him
the lesser of two evils. You and I are cool as far as I’m concerned.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.