Author Topic: Texas fuel officials say 'panic buying' put strain on gas delivery  (Read 311 times)

Offline thackney

Texas fuel officials say 'panic buying' put strain on gas delivery
« on: September 04, 2017, 11:54:22 am »
Texas fuel officials say 'panic buying' put strain on gas delivery
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/texas-fuel-officials-say-panic-buying-put-strain-on-gas-delivery
 September 3rd 2017

...“Last week, 10 times the normal amount of drivers rushed to their local gas station to fill up every car and gas can in sight — within a span of 36-48 hours. The ‘panic buying’ frenzy placed an incredible strain on Texas’ fuel distribution system and threw the demand-to-supply ratio completely off balance. Gas stations are supplied on a schedule to correspond with the typical daily demand. When consumers began to ‘panic buy’ fuel, this created an additional strain on the delivery of fuel to gas stations. Additionally, due to this increased demand, fuel trucks experienced more than double the normal time required to resupply gas stations. The panic buying created a huge inefficiency that will benefit greatly from drivers returning to normal buying habits.”

"The fuel distribution system has been disrupted by Harvey. Limited access to product due to flooding, long lines at terminals, equipment and infrastructure damage, roadway closures, utility outages, workforce challenges, and fuel “panic buying” have all attributed to the current strain on the fuel distribution system. The men and women of the oil and gas industry are working around the clock to stabilize the fuel supply chain and reduce the inconvenience drivers in Texas are experiencing at the pump."...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Texas fuel officials say 'panic buying' put strain on gas delivery
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:00:48 pm »
This is affecting my area. Kerrville and Bandera were out of gas and when they get a delivery people fill every gas can they can find. I will have to buy gas soon and hope I can find some.

I drove to San Antonio on Saturday and there was no gas. A Shell station got a delivery and the price was 2.99 and of course, there were long lines.
Principles matter. Words matter.