Author Topic: World leaders unite in condemnation of North Korea  (Read 955 times)

rangerrebew

World leaders unite in condemnation of North Korea
« on: September 03, 2017, 03:24:35 pm »
World leaders unite in condemnation of North Korea
Criticism of Pyongyang's sixth nuclear test is voiced around the world from South Korea and the US to China and Russia.

Pyongyang claimed a "perfect success" with its sixth and most powerful nuclear test [Toru Hanai/Reuters]Pyongyang claimed a "perfect success" with its sixth and most powerful nuclear test [Toru Hanai/Reuters]

President Donald Trump has reacted to what he is calling "a major nuclear test" by North Korea, branding the North "a rogue nation" whose "words and actions continue to be very hostile and dangerous" to the United States.

Trump's remarks came on Sunday after Pyongyang's announcement of a "perfect success" with its sixth and most powerful nuclear test to date.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/world-leaders-unite-condemnation-north-korea-170903130702148.html

rangerrebew

Re: World leaders unite in condemnation of North Korea
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:25:37 pm »
I hope no one is foolish enough to think the opinion of the world means anything to the little fat man.  He's as intimidated as was Saddam by the United Nitwits.

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:00:00 pm »
Send the Fort  Bend county sheriff to pay little fat boy a visit.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »
I hope no one is foolish enough to think the opinion of the world means anything to the little fat man.  He's as intimidated as was Saddam by the United Nitwits.

Yes - but how did that work out for him?  In 1991, Baghdad got lit up, his Air Force was decimated, and his Republican Guard was destroyed.  A little more than a decade later, he was pulled out of a spider hole, put on trial, and hung.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 05:26:31 pm »
Yes - but how did that work out for him?  In 1991, Baghdad got lit up, his Air Force was decimated, and his Republican Guard was destroyed.  A little more than a decade later, he was pulled out of a spider hole, put on trial, and hung.

He didn't have nukes.  Perhaps his end is part and parcel of NK's move to get nukes. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »
He didn't have nukes.  Perhaps his end is part and parcel of NK's move to get nukes.

No, he didn't have nukes, thanks to Operation Opera and Israel.  He did have a large chem stockpile, but knew the use of them against us would be his doom.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 06:43:50 pm »
No, he didn't have nukes, thanks to Operation Opera and Israel.  He did have a large chem stockpile, but knew the use of them against us would be his doom.

And his not using them was his doom.

Do you think the world will blithely ignore any threat to Seoul getting nuked?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 07:45:16 pm »
And his not using them was his doom.

Do you think the world will blithely ignore any threat to Seoul getting nuked?

Yes, because they've been doing it for a long time and have even carried out hostile acts without retribution. See the sinking of the Cheonan and shelling of Yeonpyeong Island as examples.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-21710644

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
Yes, because they've been doing it for a long time and have even carried out hostile acts without retribution. See the sinking of the Cheonan and shelling of Yeonpyeong Island as examples.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-21710644

Right, but those are NORTH Korean provocations.  The second we do something that might result in a nuke to Seoul, the world will not be supporting us.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »
Right, but those are NORTH Korean provocations.  The second we do something that might result in a nuke to Seoul, the world will not be supporting us.

And...who really gives a shit.  Except you.