Author Topic: Academics Discover New Way To Get Offended: ‘Invisibility Microaggressions’  (Read 690 times)

rangerrebew

Academics Discover New Way To Get Offended: ‘Invisibility Microaggressions’

Posted By Ian Miles Cheong On 11:32 AM 09/01/2017 In | No Comments

Two professors claim to have discovered a new form of politically incorrect offense called “invisibility microaggressions,” which are said to be even more subtle than regular microaggressions. Their proposed solution for these offenses is to get rid of meritocracy.

In social justice jargon, a “microaggression” is when someone — say a white person — asks an Asian person where they’re from. While the question isn’t offensive in and of itself, the act of asking a person who may get the same question repeatedly throughout the week can be annoying and therefore offensive.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/01/academics-discover-new-way-to-get-offended-invisibility-microaggressions/

Offline Applewood

In my parents' generation and in mine, the dream was to send the kids to college so that they would have a better life, have a better standard of living and, particularly in the case of my parents' generation, not have to work so hard as the parents did. 

Today, if I had children, I would not send them to college.  College teaches them nothing.  Instead, they are indoctrinated in social justice mumbo jumbo.  Graduates know all about microagressions. but they have no job skills.  Some can't even read, write or do math. 

I'd send my kids to a trade, tech or business school -- somewhere where they can learn an occupation free of liberal commie indoctrination.  A plumber doesn't have to know about social justice.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood wrote:
"A plumber doesn't have to know about social justice...."

Ah, but the rates they charge.
That's "social justice" in reverse!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article:

The participants reported “campus invisibility,” where non-white faculty members say they experienced invisibility for being one of the few non-white faculty members on campus.

Unlike regular microaggressions, which require at least two parties for them to occur, invisibility microaggressions only needs for one person to feel invisible in an environment. A lone black person among a sea of white faces could qualify as one of these invisibility microaggressions — especially if he or she isn’t singled out for being black. But if that happens, then it can possibly be a macroaggression.

Well, this is what comes from handing out all those participation trophies.

Now these people want a participation trophy, whether they are even participating.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Translation:

You're white.

I'm offended.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Translation:

You're white.

I'm offended.
Not quite. If you notice, you're a racist, if you don't, it's a microaggression. I'm tempted to just get a T-shirt that says "F**K OFF, WHOEVER YOU ARE" and be an equal opportunity offender, but then that would be prejudiced against people who can't see, can't read, don't understand English....

Simply enough, they want to be able to find fault with you no matter what you or don't do.

There is no amount of 'nice' that will be effective.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis