Author Topic: WWII and the Total Misrepresentation of Japan's Surrender  (Read 410 times)

rangerrebew

WWII and the Total Misrepresentation of Japan's Surrender
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:32:23 am »

WWII and the Total Misrepresentation of Japan's Surrender
The A-bomb was just another bomb. Japanese surrender had little to do with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Nov 30, 2015
Toria Sheffield - Contributor

The bomb dropped on Hiroshima on August 6th, 1945 instantly killed approximately 80,000 people, with the ultimate death toll in the weeks to follow reaching around 135,000. Three days later, on August 9th, the bomb dropped on Nagasaki killed 50,000 people and destroyed about a third of the city. The Japanese unofficially surrendered on August 15th, bringing an end to the most destructive war in human history.

http://historybuff.com/wwii-total-misrepresentation-japans-surrender-xb70DNvzDZWk

Offline berdie

Re: WWII and the Total Misrepresentation of Japan's Surrender
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 02:12:21 am »
I thought about this article and have come to this conclusion.

Yep...losing an ally hurt them. But so did the show of military force by the US. I would love to know the politics of the era...and if there was pressure from the US on the Soviets.

What happened saved many lives...although it took many as well. Like my brother says...if it comes down to you or me, it's gonna be me. We had bigger stuff.

Truthfully, I understand the Japanese mindset at the time. If the US were under attack I would feel the same way.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:32:08 am »
Or might the Soviet's decision to side with the US be because they had heard of the atomic bombs? That decision was not made in a vacuum. The Soviets' war was over, except for grabbing turf in Manchuria (which they were already doing).
When the US dropped the bomb (which the Soviets were a couple of years and some serious espionage away from) the Soviets could see the writing on the wall. By declaring war, they could lend legitimacy to the land/resources grab in progress, and let the US finish Japan. Had they declared for Japan, they would not have been our 'friends' and might have lost the opportunity to gain access to nuclear information they were stealing.

The Soviets had no other choice. Japan had no other choice, and that because of the bomb.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:14 am »
I totally agree with the last sentence of your post.