Author Topic: Trump Punishes Pakistan By Withholding Millions Of Aid Dollars  (Read 822 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump Punishes Pakistan By Withholding Millions Of Aid Dollars
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:21:08 pm »
dailycaller
Saagar Enjeti
11:14 AM 09/01/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/01/trump-punishes-pakistan-by-withholding-millions-of-aid-dollars/

The Trump administration will withhold more than $250 million in promised aid to Pakistan, U.S. officials told the Associated Press.

The move is the first diplomatic step in President Donald Trump’s new South Asia strategy that aims to reverse Taliban gains in Afghanistan, drive the insurgent group to the negotiating table, and pressure Pakistan to crackdown on terrorist groups acting within its borders. The money will be withheld until the U.S. believes Pakistan has taken adequate steps to curtail the Haqqani Network, one of the deadliest factions allied with the Afghan Taliban.

Senior administration officials described the forthcoming U.S. approach to Pakistan as “substantially tougher approach to Pakistan … probably since shortly after the 9/11 attacks,” in a background call before the Aug. 21 speech.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump Punishes Pakistan By Withholding Millions Of Aid Dollars
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 01:53:09 am »
We shouldn't be giving them anything at all.

Good move by Trump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:00:57 am »
We shouldn't be giving them anything at all.

Good move by Trump.

Amen.  And we could use that for a wall rather than disaster aid.  We could withhold others too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:01:44 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 06:10:14 am »
Amen.  And we could use that for a wall rather than disaster aid.  We could withhold others too.
http://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore has an interactive map showing foreign aid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 06:24:51 am »
http://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore has an interactive map showing foreign aid.

I can see that big beautiful wall.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 09:46:08 am »
Yeah, the wall, because that money should be wasted on some sort of boondoggle. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:12:54 pm »
Yeah, the wall, because that money should be wasted on some sort of boondoggle.
Wall or no wall, the probability that money will be wasted on boondoggles approaches 1.0 (100%)
It's a question of whether you want to fund studies on how 'Climate change' affects transgender butterflies, or an attempt to secure the border a full grown Holstein can't just walk over.

And, yes, there should be aid money to areas affected by Harvey, too.

We can even give money to gang kids to not kill each other in Cali, and pay countries to be our friends.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis