Author Topic: Video shows Utah nurse screaming, being dragged into police car after refusing to let officer take blood from unconscious victim  (Read 7236 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A few other details...

The request to draw blood came from the police department in the area the crash occurred in.

The injured truck driver had been medicated on the scene by EMTs.

The nurse was an Olympic alpine skier who competed under her maiden name.

I read about the Olympic skiing part and don't see relevance in it, or the jurisdiction thing. 

I find the part about the truck driver being medicated on the scene by EMTs as being extremely relevant!  If a raw blood sample were ever allowed to be admitted into evidence by some travesty of justice, he'd be held liable for the whole crash by virtue of being "high on Opiates."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I read about the Olympic skiing part and don't see relevance in it, or the jurisdiction thing. 

I find the part about the truck driver being medicated on the scene by EMTs as being extremely relevant!  If a raw blood sample were ever allowed to be admitted into evidence by some travesty of justice, he'd be held liable for the whole crash by virtue of being "high on Opiates."

No relevence implied. Just more details.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No relevence implied. Just more details.

Somebody posted the things about her skiing upthread.  She has a compelling life story, to be sure, she's a tough bird.  There's a lady who really knows where her towel is.   I almost feel sorry for the over-active cops who wronged her, when she gets finished with them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Somebody posted the things about her skiing upthread.  She has a compelling life story, to be sure, she's a tough bird.  There's a lady who really knows where her towel is.   I almost feel sorry for the over-active cops who wronged her, when she gets finished with them.

Hah, I don't.  From what I can see from the video they deserve every bit of it and more.

Oceander

I will never get on the "Blue Lives Matter" meme bandwagon.  That video boils my blood, because it is very similar to an atrocity local cops perpetrated on my two daughters several years ago who were in their 20s at the time in their own home. They refused to let cops to come in their home without a warrant after getting SWATTED by a nasty neighbor.  Let's just say the cops kicked in their door after threatening to bash their skulls in if they did not let them in. Upon entry they beat the living crap out of both of my girls while destroying their phones while recording the incident and then they accused them of felony assault of a peace officer.  Mandatory minimum 5 years in prison, no parole. $100,000 fine. 2 counts each.  Very conveniently - the video and audio of the incident went 'missing' and both my kids refused to take a felony plea deal.  So they tried to throw the book at them both.  Both cops said my girls punched them in the face, but there were no records of cops following procedure to record injuries suffered.  Cops lied on the stand twice and got caught - Judge still let their testimony stand - even when it was proven they contradicted their written reports, which were then MODIFIED and rewritten during the Grand Jury phase!

Corruption runs so deep in our injustice system, most folks have no idea how wicked it is, until they find themselves stuck in it.  We lost all our savings in attorney's fees trying to keep my girls out of prison for something they did not do, that these large 6'2", 6'-3" cops did to cover up the fact they broke and entered a private residence without a warrant on false charges.  My kids ended up getting the charges dropped the day of the trial by the state prosecutor, because they refused to take any deals and the State had no case.

I have no sympathy for Blue Lives when shit like this is becoming more and more common.  What was done to that nurse makes my blood boil.

And thanks to Civil Asset Forfeiture turing all cop departments into Highwaymen - I doubt any respect is going to come any time soon AFAIC.

Sorry - had to vent.

It's terrible how much injustice can be done, precisely by those whom we are told to trust to protect us.   I am glad that the charges were dropped and your daughters cleared at the end.  They must be tough as nails to have the fortitude to stand up to that sort of pressure. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The Supreme Court decision forbidding unwarranted blood collection is a year old.
By Scott Shackford
http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/01/every-cop-involved-in-the-arrest-of-this/print

Shall we ease into our Labor Day weekend with an absolutely repulsive video of a police detective
abusing his authority against a completely innocent person for no real justifiable reason? Oh, why not?

Behold, Salt Lake City Police Det. Jeff Payne arresting Nurse Alex Wubbels in July for refusing to violate an
unconscious—comatose, actually—man's rights by drawing his blood for the police without any sort of
warrant whatsoever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihQ1-LQOkns

What Payne did here is patently, inescapably wrong in just about every possible way. Just one year ago
the Supreme Court ruled that police must get a warrant or consent in order to draw a person's blood. It's
utterly inconceivable that Payne, who is a trained phlebotomist with the police, did not know this. According
to coverage from the Salt Lake Tribune, Payne acknowledged that he didn't have probable cause to get a
warrant, but nevertheless insisted he had the authority to demand Wubbels draw blood.

But Payne did not have the authority to demand the blood draw and Wubbels was not "interfering" with a
police investigation as they insisted at the time. Unsurprisingly, she was released later at the hospital and
was not charged with any crime.

In fact, the claim that this blood draw was part of an "investigation" at all adds another layer of revulsion
to Payne's behavior. The unconscious man Payne wanted blood from was not suspected of any crime and
had done nothing wrong. He was, in fact, a victim of a crime . . .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:23:30 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DB

I will never get on the "Blue Lives Matter" meme bandwagon.  That video boils my blood, because it is very similar to an atrocity local cops perpetrated on my two daughters several years ago who were in their 20s at the time in their own home. They refused to let cops to come in their home without a warrant after getting SWATTED by a nasty neighbor.  Let's just say the cops kicked in their door after threatening to bash their skulls in if they did not let them in. Upon entry they beat the living crap out of both of my girls while destroying their phones while recording the incident and then they accused them of felony assault of a peace officer.  Mandatory minimum 5 years in prison, no parole. $100,000 fine. 2 counts each.  Very conveniently - the video and audio of the incident went 'missing' and both my kids refused to take a felony plea deal.  So they tried to throw the book at them both.  Both cops said my girls punched them in the face, but there were no records of cops following procedure to record injuries suffered.  Cops lied on the stand twice and got caught - Judge still let their testimony stand - even when it was proven they contradicted their written reports, which were then MODIFIED and rewritten during the Grand Jury phase!

Corruption runs so deep in our injustice system, most folks have no idea how wicked it is, until they find themselves stuck in it.  We lost all our savings in attorney's fees trying to keep my girls out of prison for something they did not do, that these large 6'2", 6'-3" cops did to cover up the fact they broke and entered a private residence without a warrant on false charges.  My kids ended up getting the charges dropped the day of the trial by the state prosecutor, because they refused to take any deals and the State had no case.

I have no sympathy for Blue Lives when shit like this is becoming more and more common.  What was done to that nurse makes my blood boil.

And thanks to Civil Asset Forfeiture turing all cop departments into Highwaymen - I doubt any respect is going to come any time soon AFAIC.

Sorry - had to vent.

Your story and this incident are good examples of why when this sort of corruption is found it has to be purged pronto. If you don't, it only grows and corrupts the whole process.

Offline the_doc

I agree with the title.  Punishment should be swift and severe.  And the nurse should sue their pants off for flagrantly false and malicious arrest.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hah, I don't.  From what I can see from the video they deserve every bit of it and more.

I said, "almost." 

:talkhand:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's terrible how much injustice can be done, precisely by those whom we are told to trust to protect us.   I am glad that the charges were dropped and your daughters cleared at the end.  They must be tough as nails to have the fortitude to stand up to that sort of pressure.

I wonder where @INVAR goes to retrieve his life's savings?  That cost gets forgotten by a lot of people, the process was used to punish. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

I almost feel sorry for the over-active cops who wronged her, when she gets finished with them.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/alex-wubbels-shaffer-nurse-skier-video/

The video of the arrest was shown to the public on August 31 at a press conference held by Wubbels and her attorney Karra Porter. Wubbels has no plans to sue the department but said in the conference that she hops the video will change policy. Wubbels said, “I can’t sit on this video and not attempt to speak out to re-educate and inform… [Departments] need to be having conversations about what is appropriate intervention… It hurts to relive it.”
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:39:49 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

Who thought that by tolerating judges, bureaucrats and politicians who regularly exceed and abuse their authority that it wouldn't be just be a matter of time before law enforcement follows suit?

Its up to average people to stop this, from the executive branch on down. Whether the people themselves are up to stopping it is another matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/alex-wubbels-shaffer-nurse-skier-video/

We'll have to wait and see.  If the Police do their usual digging in PR-wise, then her "if they change their policies" stance becomes her reason to sue.  I am quite confident she's keeping her options open.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

I wonder where @INVAR goes to retrieve his life's savings?  That cost gets forgotten by a lot of people, the process was used to punish.

Public servants usually have little skin in the legal game when they target someone who is forced to defend themselves at great expense. There needs to be consequences that directly come from their pockets when they do things like this that are clearly improper. That would go along ways towards reducing this sort of behavior.

Offline the_doc

Who thought that by tolerating judges, bureaucrats and politicians who regularly exceed and abuse their authority that it wouldn't be just be a matter of time before law enforcement follows suit?

Its up to average people to stop this, from the executive branch on down. Whether the people themselves are up to stopping it is another matter.

I am all for supporting the good guys of our police forces, but it turns out that some of the baddest of bad guys do wear badges.   The FBI has some of the worst (Ruby Ridge, Waco, and now the Comey Treachery).  Oh, and Mueller was FBI Director, too. 

Offline skeeter

I am all for supporting the good guys of our police forces, but it turns out that some of the baddest of bad guys do wear badges.   The FBI has some of the worst (Ruby Ridge, Waco, and now the Comey Treachery).  Oh, and Mueller was FBI Director, too.

Most cops are 'good guys'. But when a system itself becomes corrupt the personal morality of any individual member won't matter.

Offline MOD8

Thread "Every Cop Involved in the Arrest of This Utah Nurse for Refusing to (Illegally) Draw a Patient’s Blood Needs to Be Fired" merged with this one.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

We don't.  We had some help from a couple of church congregations who learned as we did, how backwards our injustice system is as this process went on for almost two years.  Without that help - we would have had no choice but to submit to taking a deal to keep our girls out of prison - and the felony record of assault on a police officer would be on their records for life.

My oldest daughter wanted to fold under the pressure, and they were told their lives would be made a living hell - such as getting pulled over and harassed by cops for any minor infraction they could muster for the rest of their lives unless they took the offers.  My youngest had that exact thing happen - because she adamantly refused to deal - which is what kept the case going.  Delay after delay.  Continuance after continuance.  One plea deal after another - all of them promising no jail time and just community service.  But a felony on their records nonetheless.  And - as we learned - they had to prove their innocence - because reality is that they are guilty in the eyes of a jury the moment they walk into a courtroom.  A cop's word against a civilian always gets awarded to the cop.  As it was - when our attorney asked him to demonstrate how my youngest daughter (5'6" and all of 120 lbs) punched him in his right jaw when she is right handed, the cop changed his story as said she snuck up behind him and punched him from behind. The video on the cruiser did not show my daughter coming out of the doorway to come behind the cop whose back was at the doorway. The court and the judge laughed out loud - AND STILL they pushed to take the case to trial instead of dismissal because she refused to take the plea deal.

They took it to the day of the trial - and the Commonwealth prosecutor called our attorney to tell him they would drop the case if my girls signed affidavits promising not to sue the department or the city.  They took that - as they were exhausted and wanted to be done with the whole thing.  My youngest had some regrets later when it took us another year and another $1500 to get the CHARGE expunged from her records.  Because we learned THE CHARGE itself reads as a felony charge - even without a court verdict. So if she got pulled over in another state for a tail light out - the first thing the cops see is felony assault on a police officer when running her license.

We did not have clear video and audio as this nurse has to her benefit. I hope she uses it to the fullest extent possible and OWN that department.   

In our case the data from the cameras and the mics both cops had on them went 'missing' and all we had was blurry video and bad audio from the police cruiser in their driveway.  The cops were heard to say they were going to break the door down, you faintly heard 'not without a warrant citing probable cause', one cop shouted 'you just gave us cause' - followed by two loud exclamations of "Menacing!" - and then you mostly heard my girls screaming as things were breaking and "Stop resisting!  Stop resisting, stop resisting!" and my girls yelling "we are not resisting!" followed by more swearing and screaming of "stop resisting!".  Both of my kids had the living crap beat of out them by fully grown men. My oldest was slammed face first onto her laptop which shattered, my youngest was thrown like a rag doll across the small living room and then he had a knee in her back with her face pressed into the floor with his fist full of her hair.

I cannot state what my thoughts were in my head during that time.  My faith in law enforcement was shattered in total.  My thoughts were the darkest thoughts any person could possibly have, and for a long time - we were truly thinking this railroad job of corruption was going to take our girls from us and ruin their lives forever - when they are both exemplary citizens, never having been arrested or even sent to the principle's office in their lives.  I lost a lot of innocence and false assumptions about things during that trial, and I really learned just how far gone our Constitutional rights are and how irrelevant they really are.  As our attorney told me when I was ranting about the rule of law while stewing in incredulity at each instance of corruption we were presented with: 'There is the fantasy of rights you think you have, and the respect for them you assume government and the courts have to uphold them and then there is the reality of how the system actually operates - and unless you have money and lots of it - your average American cannot afford "justice".

I hope this nurse gets a lot of help to own those cops and that city for what they did to her so she can retire and buy her own island somewhere.

I view HER as a hero for she did what was right in the face of tyrants and thugs for the state.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

We don't.  We had some help from a couple of church congregations who learned as we did, how backwards our injustice system is as this process went on for almost two years.  Without that help - we would have had no choice but to submit to taking a deal to keep our girls out of prison - and the felony record of assault on a police officer would be on their records for life.

My oldest daughter wanted to fold under the pressure, and they were told their lives would be made a living hell - such as getting pulled over and harassed by cops for any minor infraction they could muster for the rest of their lives unless they took the offers.  My youngest had that exact thing happen - because she adamantly refused to deal - which is what kept the case going.  Delay after delay.  Continuance after continuance.  One plea deal after another - all of them promising no jail time and just community service.  But a felony on their records nonetheless.  And - as we learned - they had to prove their innocence - because reality is that they are guilty in the eyes of a jury the moment they walk into a courtroom.  A cop's word against a civilian always gets awarded to the cop.  As it was - when our attorney asked him to demonstrate how my youngest daughter (5'6" and all of 120 lbs) punched him in his right jaw when she is right handed, the cop changed his story as said she snuck up behind him and punched him from behind. The video on the cruiser did not show my daughter coming out of the doorway to come behind the cop whose back was at the doorway. The court and the judge laughed out loud - AND STILL they pushed to take the case to trial instead of dismissal because she refused to take the plea deal.

They took it to the day of the trial - and the Commonwealth prosecutor called our attorney to tell him they would drop the case if my girls signed affidavits promising not to sue the department or the city.  They took that - as they were exhausted and wanted to be done with the whole thing.  My youngest had some regrets later when it took us another year and another $1500 to get the CHARGE expunged from her records.  Because we learned THE CHARGE itself reads as a felony charge - even without a court verdict. So if she got pulled over in another state for a tail light out - the first thing the cops see is felony assault on a police officer when running her license.

We did not have clear video and audio as this nurse has to her benefit. I hope she uses it to the fullest extent possible and OWN that department.   

In our case the data from the cameras and the mics both cops had on them went 'missing' and all we had was blurry video and bad audio from the police cruiser in their driveway.  The cops were heard to say they were going to break the door down, you faintly heard 'not without a warrant citing probable cause', one cop shouted 'you just gave us cause' - followed by two loud exclamations of "Menacing!" - and then you mostly heard my girls screaming as things were breaking and "Stop resisting!  Stop resisting, stop resisting!" and my girls yelling "we are not resisting!" followed by more swearing and screaming of "stop resisting!".  Both of my kids had the living crap beat of out them by fully grown men. My oldest was slammed face first onto her laptop which shattered, my youngest was thrown like a rag doll across the small living room and then he had a knee in her back with her face pressed into the floor with his fist full of her hair.

I cannot state what my thoughts were in my head during that time.  My faith in law enforcement was shattered in total.  My thoughts were the darkest thoughts any person could possibly have, and for a long time - we were truly thinking this railroad job of corruption was going to take our girls from us and ruin their lives forever - when they are both exemplary citizens, never having been arrested or even sent to the principle's office in their lives.  I lost a lot of innocence and false assumptions about things during that trial, and I really learned just how far gone our Constitutional rights are and how irrelevant they really are.  As our attorney told me when I was ranting about the rule of law while stewing in incredulity at each instance of corruption we were presented with: 'There is the fantasy of rights you think you have, and the respect for them you assume government and the courts have to uphold them and then there is the reality of how the system actually operates - and unless you have money and lots of it - your average American cannot afford "justice".

I hope this nurse gets a lot of help to own those cops and that city for what they did to her so she can retire and buy her own island somewhere.

I view HER as a hero for she did what was right in the face of tyrants and thugs for the state.

QFT

You and your daughters are heroes. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Don't get me started on the subject of crappy cops, crappy judges, and crappy juries.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't get me started on the subject of crappy cops, crappy judges, and crappy juries.

I wouldn't dream of it, old friend.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A few other details...

The injured truck driver had been medicated on the scene by EMTs.

That part is interesting.  Not sure what they would have medicated him with - they would have started a line, and run ringers or NS, but medics don't usually medicate.  There are some exceptions - cardiac meds, epinephrine, narcan, but very little else.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
QFT

You and your daughters are heroes.

No, I'm not.

My daughters are.

That nurse is.

I just got an ulcer from worrying and fought to keep dark thoughts from materializing into a course of action.  I'm no hero.

Just an idiot who learned my faith and belief in police and justice was totally misplaced.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That part is interesting.  Not sure what they would have medicated him with - they would have started a line, and run ringers or NS, but medics don't usually medicate.  There are some exceptions - cardiac meds, epinephrine, narcan, but very little else.

Do they carry any pain meds? Something to soothe burns maybe?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No, I'm not.

My daughters are.

That nurse is.

I just got an ulcer from worrying and fought to keep dark thoughts from materializing into a course of action.  I'm no hero.

Just an idiot who learned my faith and belief in police and justice was totally misplaced.

I don't know if it helps. I've been there. So you ain't alone.