Author Topic: Trump struggling with John Kelly's strict operation: Report  (Read 1598 times)

BassWrangler

Re: Trump struggling with John Kelly's strict operation: Report
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 01:58:42 am »
By attacking those he needs to govern and legislate, he is jeopardizing his ability to do those things IMO.   It seems to me that he either doesn’t care that he is inflicting wounds on his own ability to govern and legislate or he just can’t help himself.  I suspect it’s more the later.  I believe Trump to be impulsive, not detailed oriented, and basically undisciplined.  I think Kelly is trying to establish some discipline in the White House.  Over time, I expect Trump to rebel against this discipline because I think he just likes being more free-wheeling.  That’s not a good trait to have in the Oval Office IMO, and we’re seeing the results with conflicting messages coming from this Administration (e.g., no talking with North Korea versus diplomacy is always on the table) along with the breaks we’ve seen between members of his Administration with the President (e.g., Cohn, Tillerson, Mattis).  I doubt Kelly will last a year (unfortunately, because I think he’s doing the best he can).

^^^ This ^^^

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 04:34:35 am »
Except in most cases, he leases his name and has very little to do with the actual construction and management of the property.  He's not the builder - nor much else - he's claimed to be.

At least what he claimed.  Can't have it both ways.  During campaign they were critical of him hiring illegals to build his buildings.  He blamed the contractors.  Furthermore it wasn't hard for him to build since he didn't pay the contractors.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 01:16:46 pm »
At least what he claimed.  Can't have it both ways.  During campaign they were critical of him hiring illegals to build his buildings.  He blamed the contractors.  Furthermore it wasn't hard for him to build since he didn't pay the contractors.

Facts are stubborn things...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.