Author Topic: REPORT: Trump at “war with himself” over ending DACA  (Read 1822 times)

Offline corbe

REPORT: Trump at “war with himself” over ending DACA
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:04:15 am »
REPORT: Trump at “war with himself” over ending DACA

The Right Scoop    Aug. 30, 2017 5:48 pm by The Right Scoop

The other day we reported that Trump was seriously considering ending DACA, the unconstitutional Obama amnesty program for illegals. Well apparently that wasn’t the whole story:

FREE BEACON – President Donald Trump’s sympathy for those with protected immigration status through Barack Obama’s controversial Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) may be pushing him to reverse his campaign position to end the program.

Trump is “at war with himself” over his policy preference against amnesty for illegal immigrants and simultaneous sympathy for DACA recipients, Politico reported Wednesday. The White House staff is also divided on the program, with chief of staff John Kelly supporting it and policy advisers such as Stephen Miller telling the president to end it.
<..snip..>

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/report-trump-at-war-with-himself-over-ending-daca/#ixzz4rHp30FvQ
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:04:40 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: REPORT: Trump at “war with himself” over ending DACA
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:10:01 am »
  Guess Mr. Miller will be the next one gone, since his buddies Spicer, Bannon and Reince are no longer there to protect him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:59:49 am »
Well, Trump ran on ending it, and he wasn't at war with himself then.  So he'd better get over it and keep his promise.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 01:14:20 am »
These are kids who, through no fault of their own, probably lived a much better life than they would have in (primarily) Mexico.  Yes, they probably think of themselves as Americans and if DACA is repealed will probably feel like something is being taken away from them, and that sucks.  But even if they're kicked out they're probably going to end up better off than if their parents would have never broken the law to begin with.

Letting them stay might feel good, but it rewards lawlessness and encourages more of it in the future.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 01:35:19 am »
                            This is her 'O' Face.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 01:42:57 am »
   Trump has to answer this question very soon, the Lawsuit a number of States are bringing against the Federal Govt on DACA is coming up, IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!  Whereas his first EO, the Muslim Ban is still tied up in the Courts, there's gotta be a diamond in this pile of swine manure somewhere, the great negotiator told me there was.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 02:20:26 am »
Kelly is in one ear telling him Kill it! Kill it! and Ivanka is in the other saying But daddy!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 11:31:10 am »
Leave it to Politico to drum up the emotional drama, leave it to others to believe it.

The program is going through a thorough review process to determine how to best to end it.

Trump Likely to End DACA Immigrant Program
NBC, Aug 25, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump appears likely to pull the plug on DACA, the Obama-era program allowing young people who came to the U.S. illegally as children to remain here, several government officials said Friday.

Administration officials said Friday that the Homeland Security secretary, Elaine Duke, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions discussed the program with senior officials Thursday during a meeting at the White House. Sessions has been a consistent opponent of the program.

As many as 1 million immigrants could be affected.

Trump is said to be weighing whether to let DACA gradually expire or end it immediately, but the officials said it is not yet clear which option Trump may choose.

The program "continues to be under review," Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, told reporters Friday.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-likely-end-daca-immigrant-program-n796091

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 11:35:11 am »
Kelly is in one ear telling him Kill it! Kill it! and Ivanka is in the other saying But daddy!

Read the  excerpt @RoosGirl   Then correct your post.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:36:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 12:14:06 pm »
Do the right thing, Mr. President.  Keep the DACA program for those who've grown into productive members of the community;  these folks are without moral fault with respect to decisions made by their parents.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 01:03:52 pm »
Read the  excerpt @RoosGirl   Then correct your post.

If you put me back on ignore you don't have to have an opinion on every comment I make. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 01:45:02 pm »
If you put me back on ignore you don't have to have an opinion on every comment I make.
Let alone tell you what to post!  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 02:21:31 pm »
These are kids who, through no fault of their own, probably lived a much better life than they would have in (primarily) Mexico.  Yes, they probably think of themselves as Americans and if DACA is repealed will probably feel like something is being taken away from them, and that sucks.  But even if they're kicked out they're probably going to end up better off than if their parents would have never broken the law to begin with.

Letting them stay might feel good, but it rewards lawlessness and encourages more of it in the future.

Illegal 'children' up to 36 years old are benefitting from DACA.

The media conveniently leaves this tidbit out of their stories on the program.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 07:01:22 pm »
Do the right thing, Mr. President.  Keep the DACA program for those who've grown into productive members of the community;  these folks are without moral fault with respect to decisions made by their parents.
He should end the program and then remind Congress it is their job to legislate and thus write a law
that makes sense, for the very people you describe and for everyone else, too. The president is not supposed
to be a lawmaker above and beyond recommending legislation. We hear all that yapping about
Congress doing or not doing their job, here would be the perfect opportunity for Donaldus Minimus to
tell them, in effect, "It's your job to write a DACA law that makes sense, not the president's."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 09:10:33 pm »
He should end the program and then remind Congress it is their job to legislate and thus write a law
that makes sense, for the very people you describe and for everyone else, too. The president is not supposed
to be a lawmaker above and beyond recommending legislation. We hear all that yapping about
Congress doing or not doing their job, here would be the perfect opportunity for Donaldus Minimus to
tell them, in effect, "It's your job to write a DACA law that makes sense, not the president's."

That's a fair point, EA.   But the Congress is dysfunctional, and has largely abdicated its responsibilities.  It's no coincidence that that the current and most recent former Presidents have filled the void with executive orders. 

It's not the way it should be done,  but in the absence of Congress taking responsibility to address the problems we face - and the absence of immigration reform goes back decades - I can't blame Obama for instituting the DACA program to at least address those in legal limbo without moral fault.   We both know Congress will do nothing.  So, in that context, I urge the President to maintain the DACA.  It's the right thing to do.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 10:37:45 pm »
We both know Congress will do nothing.  So, in that context, I urge the President to maintain the DACA.  It's the right thing to do.   
A president with real balls would end it, and make it plain as day to Congress, This is your job.
Fix your little problems and light that candle, because I'm not doing your job for you anymore.
Just
as, in another administration, a president with real balls would have vetoed campaign finance reform on
the grounds it was unconstitutional and made plain as day to Congress, You tell the American people
why you think a flagrant violation of the First Amendment is good for America, because you wrote it,
I'm vetoing it, and I've just said it. Now do your jobs.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 10:49:39 pm »
Update ....

Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA, official says
Fox News, Aug 31, 2017

President Trump, as early as Friday, is expected to announce plans to end the Obama administration program that gave a deportation reprieve to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants, a senior administration official told Fox News.

Trump promised to terminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, during the presidential campaign -- but since taking office had left the door open to preserving parts of it.

According to the official, Trump is expected to announce the program's end but will allow so-called “dreamers” currently in the program to stay in the U.S. until their work permits expire – which, for some, could be as long as two years.

The White House suggested Thursday afternoon, though, that Trump has yet to give the final sign-off. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters at the daily briefing the program is still “under review.”

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/31/trump-expected-to-announce-end-to-obama-era-daca-official-says.html

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 11:12:18 pm »
Update ....

"expected"
"promised"
"door open"
"expected"
"suggested"
"under review"

Not so much of an update then really.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 11:57:15 pm »
"expected"
"promised"
"door open"
"expected"
"suggested"
"under review"

Not so much of an update then really.
@RoosGirl
All it left out was "considered," "contemplated," and "anticipated." ;)

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 12:30:32 am »
@RoosGirl
All it left out was "considered," "contemplated," and "anticipated." ;)

If they had included those words it probably, might have, almost been a definite maybe on DACA.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 12:54:00 am »
If they had included those words it probably, might have, almost been a definite maybe on DACA.
Oh, definitely. (Maybe.)

And over there we have Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third . . .