Author Topic: The ‘Holy Grail’ Of Trumpism Is Not Corporate Tax Cuts  (Read 503 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The ‘Holy Grail’ Of Trumpism Is Not Corporate Tax Cuts
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:18:42 am »

The Daily Caller
SCOTT GREER
11:14 PM 08/31/2017

President Trump delivered his pitch on tax reform in Missouri Wednesday, essentially announcing that he has moved on from health care as his legislative priority.

“Tax reform must dramatically simplify the tax code, eliminate special interest loopholes, and I’m speaking against myself when I do this, I have to tell you,” Trump said in his statement, trying to dress the proposal in the populist language that won him the election.

Taking a stab at cutting taxes seems like a better bet for passage than repealing Obamacare, and the president is in desperate need of a major legislative victory.

But it seems odd that this issue has become the main priority for Trump. The president won the election on a populist economic message, restricting immigration and draining the swamp of elite power.

Tax cuts are pretty much the issue that has defined the Republican establishment for years. It’s an idea that carries a lot of appeal, but many of the proposals associated with the measure come out to helping the wealthiest at the expense of the rest of society.

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/31/the-holy-grail-of-trumpism-is-not-corporate-tax-cuts/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.