Author Topic: NC governor declares state of emergency over gas supply concerns  (Read 404 times)

Offline corbe

NC governor declares state of emergency over gas supply concerns
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:18:29 am »
NC governor declares state of emergency over gas supply concerns

By John Bowden - 08/31/17 10:42 PM EDT

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper (D) declared a state of emergency on Thursday amid fears of a possible gasoline shortage in the state in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.

“Hurricane Harvey’s damage to refineries in Texas and Louisiana could ripple throughout the southeast, causing gasoline shortages and rising prices,” Cooper said.

“I’m taking action to make it easier to get gasoline into our state so North Carolinians who need gas can get it.”

Cooper's office announced the state of emergency after Harvey forced the closure of the Colonial Pipeline, which ferries large amounts of gasoline between Houston and the east coast.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/348811-nc-governor-declares-state-of-emergency-over-gas-shortage
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

Re: NC governor declares state of emergency over gas supply concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 04:13:23 am »
I said, one/two days ago that gasoline could not be sent to the northeast through the pipelines to the northeast.  When the refineries along the Texas coast don't function, gasoline stops and it has.  There is no gasoline in Dallas/Denton and I assume other Texas cities that depend on truck delivery.  Trucks also have to be able to get to the refineries - flood water has to recede before they can get there if there was any gasoline to pick up, which there isn't.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:19:37 am »
This idiot probably calls a State of Emergency when he farts because he might shit his pants.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:13:29 am »
I wonder of gas is going to be in short supply over the holiday weekend?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:28:06 am »
This idiot probably calls a State of Emergency when he farts because he might shit his pants.
It does seem a bit "Chicken Little" on his part.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org