Author Topic: Eco-Alarmists Tie Hurricane Harvey Damage to ‘Climate Change’  (Read 788 times)

rangerrebew

Eco-Alarmists Tie Hurricane Harvey Damage to ‘Climate Change’

by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.28 Aug 20172,291
New media reports blame climate change for the “unprecedented disaster” unfolding in Houston, alleging that climate change-related factors undoubtedly “worsened the flooding.”

Never missing an opportunity to preach of the evils of climate change, the UK-based Guardian newspaper claims that the Houston storm surge “was half a foot higher than it would have been just decades ago, meaning far more flooding and destruction.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/28/eco-alarmists-tie-hurricane-harvey-damage-to-climate-change/

Offline musiclady

Re: Eco-Alarmists Tie Hurricane Harvey Damage to ‘Climate Change’
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:33:11 pm »
Ah yes!  I'm sure we all remember when leftists blamed Bush for Katrina because he refused to sign the Kyoto Treaty.   **nononono*

And then they predicted many catastrophic hurricanes after it, but it was followed by fewer than normal storms.

They just don't care about truth at all......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 04:48:30 pm »
Ah yes!  I'm sure we all remember when leftists blamed Bush for Katrina because he refused to sign the Kyoto Treaty.   **nononono*

And then they predicted many catastrophic hurricanes after it, but it was followed by fewer than normal storms.

They just don't care about truth at all......

Meanwhile this same bunch lectured us that "climate is not the same thing as weather" whenever one of their idiotic conferences got canceled because of a blizzard.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 06:41:24 pm »
Using a word like "undoubtedly" means something along the lines of "we didn't bother to actually check, but it fits with our preconceived ideas so we're running with it."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:11 pm »
Meanwhile this same bunch lectured us that "climate is not the same thing as weather" whenever one of their idiotic conferences got canceled because of a blizzard.

You don't GET it, CL.......

Blizzards are weather, and hurricanes are climate change.

Makes perfect sense if your brain isn't functioning.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 08:12:13 pm »
You don't GET it, CL.......

Blizzards are weather, and hurricanes are climate change.

Makes perfect sense if your brain isn't functioning.  ^-^

I call it "Situational Intelligence."  Then, it does make sense.  It also gives me something to chuckle about when I hear it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 08:16:48 pm »
Why am I so unsurprised?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 08:19:51 pm »
I responded to a climate change comment on DailyMail with something along these lines:
"The only thing man-made about AGW is the man-made belief that we know the 'right' temperature for the planet. Question: What is the 'right' temperature for the planet? Please provide a specific global mean temperature. Question: Has it been warmer in the past than the mean average temperature you just provided (if you did)? Question: Was the climate more or less conducive to life when the planet was warmer or cooler in the past? Question: When flora and fauna grew to monstrous sizes on earth, was the temperature warmer or cooler? Question: From a human history perspective, was agriculture more or less productive when it was warmer in the past? Question: Was it warmer or cooler when the Sahara Desert supported a lush ecosystem? The only thing man-made here is the belief that the BEST temperature for the planet is the temperature we most prefer."

That comment was promptly deleted by the moderators, and - I kid you not - likes for a separate comment I made about the Galveston hurricane were removed.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »
I responded to a climate change comment on DailyMail with something along these lines:
That comment was promptly deleted by the moderators, and - I kid you not - likes for a separate comment I made about the Galveston hurricane were removed.

Facts and logic are to liberals  as crosses and silver bullets are to Count Dacula.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 08:36:43 pm »
I call it "Situational Intelligence."  Then, it does make sense.  It also gives me something to chuckle about when I hear it.

Yep.