Author Topic: Long-lost medieval village of 'Bolko I the Strict' discovered in Poland. No one knows why the village was abruptly abandoned 50 years after it was built.  (Read 622 times)

rangerrebew

Long-lost medieval village of 'Bolko I the Strict' discovered in Poland
No one knows why the village was abruptly abandoned 50 years after it was built.

Martha Henriques
    By Martha Henriques   
    August 30, 2017 14:36 BST

After more than 70 years of searching, the 700-year-old abandoned village of Goschwitz has been rediscovered in the vicinity of Strzelin in south-west Poland.

Goschwitz is thought to have been founded in the late 13th century by the Duke of Löwenberg, Bolko I the Strict, after he acquired the territory from a local noble family. The land was hoped to be a good investment, and a small village was established on it.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/long-lost-medieval-village-bolko-i-strict-discovered-poland-1637270

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No one knows why the village was abruptly abandoned 50 years after it was built.

Probably because they were all just sick and tired of "Bolko the Strict".   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Probably because they were all just sick and tired of "Bolko the Strict".   

I was thinking the same thing

Online andy58-in-nh

They all packed up and moved to the next-door village of "Luboslaw the Lenient".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn