Author Topic: McCain will return to Senate next week  (Read 789 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain will return to Senate next week
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:04:59 pm »

McCain will return to Senate next week

By BURGESS EVERETT and JOHN BRESNAHAN

08/30/2017 12:32 PM EDT

John McCain will return to Washington next week, giving the Senate GOP its full contingent of 52 votes during what's sure to be a turbulent September, according to Republican aides.

The Arizona senator, who has been receiving treatment for brain cancer, is expected to lead the chamber's debate on the National Defense Authorization Act, McCain's foremost priority as Senate Armed Services Committee chairman.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) attempted to move to the defense bill after McCain helped sink the Obamacare repeal bill in July, but the move was blocked by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

McCain completed his first round of chemotherapy treatment two weeks ago, his daughter Meghan McCain said earlier this month.

The Senate is expected to consider the NDAA bill as soon as next week, though McConnell has made no formal announcement. Congress must also fund the government past Sept. 30, raise the debt limit and extend a host of other expiring programs.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/30/john-mccain-to-return-to-senate-chemotherapy-242177
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Re: McCain will return to Senate next week
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:37:29 pm »
Prayers up that he doesn't.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »
There is one guy who has his number

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:31 pm »
Well at least the DEMS know that they can count on him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 10:06:00 pm »
Well at least the DEMS know that they can count on him.

It's been a good strategy for a long time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:04 pm »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:38:44 pm »
:amen:

I don' wish the man to die.   But truthfully how sane will he be (compared to the past)?

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
I don' wish the man to die.   But truthfully how sane will he be (compared to the past)?

He has Chemo brain on top of his already addled brain.

Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen

But this guy needs to go home and pass away in the loving arms of who ever will have him.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:41:21 pm by Wingnut »

Offline anubias

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 10:48:12 pm »
He has Chemo brain on top of his already addled brain.

Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen

But this guy needs to go home and pass away in the loving arms of who ever will have him.

He needs to actually do something good for his Country for a change.  He needs to go away.