Author Topic: Why you should never use the term 'anti-fascist' by David Freddoso  (Read 505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why you should never use the term 'anti-fascist'
by David Freddoso | Aug 29, 2017, 1:54 PM

"No Trump! No wall! No U.S.A. at all."

This was the chant of the violent, black-masked thugs who descended on an otherwise peaceful protest in Berkeley over the weekend. And it gives you a window into the tactics of the violent fringes of the Left. They attempt to lure in normal, reasonable people -- which they most certainly are not -- by showcasing a common enemy, such as racism or fascism. But that's just a sweetener for their real agenda item.

Lots of normal, reasonable people oppose Donald Trump. Many of them oppose the border wall, too. But the third item on this agenda is the (usually) unstated aim of the so-called "antifa," from which the other two items are supposed to draw your attention -- except when they get over-excited and spell it out with a silly chant.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/why-you-should-never-use-the-term-anti-fascist/article/2632847
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Why you should never use the term 'anti-fascist' by David Freddoso
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 04:46:47 pm »
Yes, but Democrats today aren't really very democratic either.  The  antifa thugs  seem to more fascist, than anti-fascist, but nobody has come up with an alternate name for them as yet.  I like "anarcho-thugs,"  but I'm open to suggestions.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »
Yes, but Democrats today aren't really very democratic either.  The  antifa thugs  seem to more fascist, than anti-fascist, but nobody has come up with an alternate name for them as yet.  I like "anarcho-thugs,"  but I'm open to suggestions.

I prefer "Sturmabteilung", myself.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 04:53:00 pm »
I prefer "Sturmabteilung", myself.

Well that just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »
This is the whole point of the label "anti-fascist," and it has been for roughly 85 years now. Everyone -- especially journalists -- needs to stop using that label, because it's part of their propaganda, an effort by people unworthy of polite company to fish for mainstream endorsements from dumb and naive fellow-travelers.

The term "anti-fascist" is of Soviet origin, and it was used before and during World War II to make the aggressive, murderous, war-criminal regime of Joseph Stalin seem more palatable. The entire point then, as now, was to make it seem like the U.S.S.R. had a lot in common with normal, decent people's views, even as millions were being shipped off to die in the archipelago of slave-labor camps that Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn experienced for eight years. (His crime? An irreverent reference, in a letter, to Stalin's moustache.)