Author Topic: Reid: Trump’s ‘Disturbing’ Response to Harvey Shows He Can’t ‘Understand’ ‘Human Scale of Misery’  (Read 564 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Kristine Marsh | August 30, 2017 10:44 AM EDT

MSNBC AM Joy Host Joy Reid appeared on Tuesday’s The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, where she bashed President Trump’s response to Hurricane Harvey. Playing the armchair psychologist, Reid said Trump lacked the ability to empathize or “understand” the depth of the “misery” the citizens of Houston, Texas are experiencing right now.

Host Trevor Noah didn’t ask the MSNBC host about her latest patently false tweet, which spread panic by claiming that Trump hadn’t hired a FEMA director. He didn’t ask about the firestorm of criticism that she faced for spreading that lie, either. Instead, he centered the discussion on Trump (what else?)

Right from the start Noah mocked Trump’s word choice in describing Hurricane Harvey, as some sort of evidence of a narcissistic personality:

He said this is the biggest disaster-- it's almost saying ‘the greatest-the biggest’ disaster of all time. I struggle with Donald Trump--do you think he's proud of having it be, like, the biggest disaster? I genuinely don't know with him. I don't know if he's bragging about the scale of it. I don't know if this is something-- what do you make of how he speaks about the hurricane?

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2017/08/30/reid-trumps-disturbing-response-harvey-shows-he-cant-understand
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They are trying to do to Trump what they did to Bush during Katrina.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

They are trying to do to Trump what they did to Bush during Katrina.

Ole One Eye Harry is despicable.   Will anyone buy his ploy....besides the MSM that is?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:48:18 pm by Wingnut »

Offline aligncare

Yep. We're in for a long and tumultuous 21st century (at least the part I'll be around for. The rest? Never happened  :whistle: )

Offline Suppressed

Ole One Eye Harry is despicable.   Will anyone buy his ploy....besides the MSM that is?
@Wingnut

Is today "flip the gender day" or do you just read headlines?!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,279000.msg1437303.html#msg1437303

:laugh:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Is today "flip the gender day" or do you just read headlines?!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,279000.msg1437303.html#msg1437303

:laugh:

Sometimes I do it to see if anyone is paying attention.

This was not, one of those times however!   lol  888high58888

Offline Suppressed

Sometimes I do it to see if anyone is paying attention.

This was not, one of those times however!   lol  888high58888
888high58888
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn