Author Topic: Instant Karma: Professor Fired For Saying Karma Caused Flooding Because Texas Voted For Trump  (Read 477 times)

rangerrebew

Instant Karma: Professor Fired For Saying Karma Caused Flooding Because Texas Voted For Trump

August 29, 2017| by Brian Anderson

Hey, what do you know? There really is such a thing as instant karma. A Florida professor was fired after tweeting out that Hurricane Harvey and the massive flooding in Houston was karma paying back Texas for voting for Donald Trump. Another amazing thing here is that a liberal finally paid a penalty for saying something truly awful.

Kenneth Storey was a visiting professor of sociology at the University of Tampa. As Hurricane Harvey bore down on the Texas coast, this “woke” Resistance fighter tweeted out one of the worst things any liberal had to say about the disaster.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/instant-karma-professor-fired-for-saying-karma-caused-flooding-because-texas-voted-for-trump

rangerrebew

What do want to bet we hear today he was "misquoted," his statement was "taken out of context," or it was a "joke?" 8888crybaby

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What do want to bet we hear today he was "misquoted," his statement was "taken out of context," or it was a "joke?" 8888crybaby
All three! (of course!) :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Just wait.  In a few months he'll be quietly reinstated.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Good to see Americans still pull together in times of crisis.   Assclowns like this, meanwhile, get what they deserve.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

Just wait.  In a few months he'll be quietly reinstated.
With back pay, most likely, and a raise.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

He's a sociology prof.  What do you bet 98% of all sociology profs think like this jackass?

Offline Smokin Joe

He's a sociology prof.  What do you bet 98% of all sociology profs think like this jackass?
Dunno. Never took sociology. 'Intro to Archaeology' and 'North American Archaeology' fulfilled my "humanities" requirements, so I took those instead.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

Dunno. Never took sociology. 'Intro to Archaeology' and 'North American Archaeology' fulfilled my "humanities" requirements, so I took those instead.
I took a few sociology courses way back when in my more lib days.  The last one I took (I don't know if it was because of basic requirements) when I was quite a bit older and a lot more conservative  the prof. was an out and out leftist nutter.  He was convinced the fed. gov. was deliberately trying to murder the nation's Indians. He was rude and obnoxious in class.

Offline Smokin Joe

I took a few sociology courses way back when in my more lib days.  The last one I took (I don't know if it was because of basic requirements) when I was quite a bit older and a lot more conservative  the prof. was an out and out leftist nutter.  He was convinced the fed. gov. was deliberately trying to murder the nation's Indians. He was rude and obnoxious in class.
Doc G_____ was really good, and postulated that there would be multiple pre-Clovis incursions when that was heresy. He was right, of course, but that taught me a thing or two about science.

You see, current 'conventional scientific wisdom' is indeed an object of 'great religious significance'.

A physics prof in Grad school really hammered the lesson home when I asked (after class) a question about the velocity of gravity as a propagated energy form. He threatened to flunk me if I ever brought the topic up again.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I doubt he was anything compared to the instructor of an Indian Studies course I had to take to fill out requirements in college, she was an AmIndian and I would have no trouble believing the "White Privilege" crap started in her classroom. I didn't stick around for the tongue lashings and picked up the credits another day.

Offline Smokin Joe

I doubt he was anything compared to the instructor of an Indian Studies course I had to take to fill out requirements in college, she was an AmIndian and I would have no trouble believing the "White Privilege" crap started in her classroom. I didn't stick around for the tongue lashings and picked up the credits another day.
If you are willing to research the topic, there were some pretty sh*tty things done. That is in the past, however; that land won't be given back, the lost languages are lost, etc. Even the codecs containing vast medical (herbal) knowledge the Spanish burned are gone, and no amount of demagoguery will bring those back, either.
There were atrocities on both sides.
My wife's people (Chippewa) lost 10 million acres of land to chicanery by the Great White Father and his minions, my people lost 3/4 of the land grant to Yankees and carpetbaggers, and half of what was left afterwards to unscrupulous judges and attorneys.

No amount of lament will right that without wronging people who have come since. Those who perpetrated the wrong, and those it was directly done to are dead. So, unless people think they should be compensated for something that wasn't done to them by people who didn't do it that no amount of money can set right, I can't see fomenting that anger over it.

Instead, let's look at history, warts and all, and learn from it, rather than set up another group to look back and get angry later.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

I remember about the second or third class of the semester he made a sneering remark to the class that probably nobody could name more than six Indian tribes.  So he told us to write down as many tribes as we could think of.  We had about ten minutes.
I named about thirty including one he had never heard of.  I managed to get an an A out of the course. He wasn't the only far left prof I had in college, but he was by far the most obnoxious.
P.S, I remember one time he was talking about Jews and mentioned Ashkenazi Jews. I had read somewhere that Ashkenazi Jews were mostly from eastern Europe and didn't care to be identified with German Jews. So I related that little bit of info to him during class time.
He found some article somewhere that said that all European Jews were technically Ashkenazi Jews.  The next class day as I sat down in my desk, he came over with the article, slammed it down on my desk, and walked back to the front of the classroom with a smug look on his face. 
Boy, he sure showed me. Grrrrrrrrrr. I wanted to bend the little weasel over a desk and jam the article up his a**.     ****slapping