Author Topic: It’s up against stiff competition, but the race for electric cars could be our leaders’ maddest green mania yet, writes  (Read 580 times)

rangerrebew

It’s up against stiff competition, but the race for electric cars could be our leaders’ maddest green mania yet, writes 
August 24, 2017

By Paul Homewood

The National Grid is warning us that if you are charging your electric car at home with a high-speed charger you won’t be able to boil an electric kettle at the same time, because it could blow your fuse box.

They add that you could get round this if you use a standard charger — but then it could take 19 hours to charge your car fully.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/its-up-against-stiff-competition-but-the-race-for-electric-cars-could-be-our-leaders-maddest-green-mania-yet-writes-christopher-booker/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A bit more of the article, which cuts to the chase.

It was always make-believe that electric cars saved anything like the amount of CO2 claimed for them, not just because most of their electricity came from fossil fuels, but because so much more CO2 is emitted in the process of making them in the first place.

But now we are faced with the biggest fantasy of all, that we can all be forced to give up cars powered by petrol and diesel, which are the most efficient, user-friendly form of personal transport ever devised — to rely instead on electric cars for which there will often be no electricity.

This is one of the craziest single green ideas — among a vast number — that those who rule over us have had. An idea that could lead to a national catastrophe — which we can only hope will somehow be prevented from happening.

Keep in mind that the MPs, Ministers, and others will continue to have transport, even if they have to use those nasty petrol-powered vehicles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

A bit more of the article, which cuts to the chase.

Keep in mind that the MPs, Ministers, and others will continue to have transport, even if they have to use those nasty petrol-powered vehicles.

The rest of us will still have shank's mare!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The rest of us will still have shank's mare!
I think that will depend. You see, some people have shorter legs than others, and having a longer stride is just, well, unfair. No one should get farther for a single step than anyone else. To be fair, citizen, if you have longer legs you will be required to wear hobbles to reduce your stride to the government approved standard minimum stride. Those convicted of walking without hobbles and overstriding will have their legs shortened, surgically, at their expense. It's only fair.

(Yep, I'm being sarcastic again, but that's how they think.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis