Author Topic: Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz a liar over claim Hurricane Sandy aid went to ‘unrelated pork’ projects  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.longisland.com/news/08-29-17/ny-congressman-peter-king-vows-hurricane-harvey-support-for-texas-but-slams-senator-ted-cruz-while-doing-so-is-king-right-or-wrong.html
Congressional Quarterly indeed shows Christie is correct.  Cruz should have admitted to a mistake, we all do that,  instead he tried to defend it. The facts are on Christie's side.  Cruz is looking like Cruznochio.

I doubt if Rep. Gohmert would be so critical of Rep. Peter King, they are probably allies, but caterwauling Mark Levin's Conservative Review put over a cheapshot on King.  Levin makes nasty statements trying to remain relevant. His radio show is tanking but he did write a bestseller apparently.

Oh for Christs sakes. Now I remember why I always have better things to do than eff around here.

Get bent Tom. You are a generally stupid person.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know what your up to. I always know what your up to. Did I just showed up here out of the blue? No. I sensed you were about to post something that I could slam you with while I was walking the cat. Broke into the neighbors house to get to a computer and logged in just in time. I wonder why is keyboard is all sticky?
Check the browser history...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Get bent Tom. You are a generally stupid person.

"Generally" would infer he isn't 100% of the time,   I've seen otherwise here.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
http://www.longisland.com/news/08-29-17/ny-congressman-peter-king-vows-hurricane-harvey-support-for-texas-but-slams-senator-ted-cruz-while-doing-so-is-king-right-or-wrong.html
Congressional Quarterly indeed shows Christie is correct.  Cruz should have admitted to a mistake, we all do that,  instead he tried to defend it. The facts are on Christie's side.  Cruz is looking like Cruznochio.

I doubt if Rep. Gohmert would be so critical of Rep. Peter King, they are probably allies, but caterwauling Mark Levin's Conservative Review put over a cheapshot on King.  Levin makes nasty statements trying to remain relevant. His radio show is tanking but he did write a bestseller apparently.

Wrong.  We went over this already...somehow you missed it.  Besides, nothing is on Christie's side other than his weight.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
    Another NE Liberal calling Cruz a Liar, he's obviously over the target.

* I actually watched the Video.

Especially that bridge-closing pig Christie.

Cruz has already delineated how the funds were to be spent and it wasn't pretty.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I watched a lot of that Trump/Abbott news conference stuff today, never saw Abbott try to hug Trump.  JS

It's hard to hug from a wheelchair.  The hugee has to bend down really far. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If I cared as much about you as I probably should, I would suggest you get help.

Offline dfwgator

It's hard to hug from a wheelchair.  The hugee has to bend down really far.

At least Trump didn't say, "Stand up, Greg!"

Offline Applewood

Does anyone here remember this?

Feds investigate Christie's use of Sandy relief funds

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/politics/christie-feds-investigating-sandy-ads/index.html

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
At least Trump didn't say, "Stand up, Greg!"

Ah, memories.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@TomSea, did you forget this one?

You beat me to it (I've blocked him again).  The MSM misled the public (imagine that) during Sandy and the preyed upon their emotions.  Jelly doughnut boy is upset because someone is pointing out what a sleazy character he really is.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz is already changing his statement FROM 2/3rds pork to 70% "non-emergency" funding, this is already moving the goalposts. 

"For folks who are focused on raising political shots and snipes about the Sandy bill, facts matter, and a simple fact is that Sandy bill was over $50 billion, and 70 percent of it was nonemergency," Cruz said Wednesday. "Only 30 percent of the funding was emergency funding for the victims of Sandy."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-fires-back-at-chris-christie-some-politicians-are-desperate-to-get-in-the-news/article/2632941

Offline corbe

Come here Spray Tan Man, give me a HUG!

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Cruz is already changing his statement FROM 2/3rds pork to 70% "non-emergency" funding, this is already moving the goalposts.

No, it's not.  Good grief, can you not do basic math?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For those interested, here's the relevant bill:

H.R.1 - Disaster Relief Appropriations Act, 2013
Notes:    This bill was for a time the Senate legislative vehicle for Hurricane Sandy supplemental appropriations.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/1/amendments
Pay attention to what the Notes says as well as the 254 Amendments made to the Act.  The true definition of sausage-making, this bill morphed from a single hurricane relief bill to a myriad of nominal disaster relief amendments, some of which have no bearing whatsoever on disaster assistance related to Hurricane Sandy.

While I do not know if only 2/3 went to Sandy assistance, Governor Christie is an unmitigated liar by saying there was no pork.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Somebody's Cruz-hatred is really showing.  Who the hell gives a rats ass when it comes to Christie?  Other than Cruz-haters who need something, anything, no matter how slender the reed, to support their hatred and give it some thin veneer of apparent respectability. 

Offline RoosGirl

No, it's not.  Good grief, can you not do basic math?

Seriously?  He's leaving out a whole 3 1/3%!  Not just a change of goalposts, it's almost an entirely new game.   :tongue2:

Online Smokin Joe

Seriously?  He's leaving out a whole 3 1/3%!  Not just a change of goalposts, it's almost an entirely new game.   :tongue2:
If I had that 3-1/3% of the funding in that bill, I could buy a couple of trucks to haul it to the bank in, too!
(Big ones!)
I would forget Powerball, for sure.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

What happened then will happen today...it is what they do. And it will tick me off yet again.

Offline RoosGirl

If I had that 3-1/3% of the funding in that bill, I could buy a couple of trucks to haul it to the bank in, too!
(Big ones!)
I would forget Powerball, for sure.

That is true, and I would happily split it with you.

Online Smokin Joe

That is true, and I would happily split it with you.
Why not? That's more than I could spend if I lived to be 100, and plenty to use to get some things going that could help people provide for themselves.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

2/3 = 66.6% vs. 70% is moving goal posts?   Do you realize how badly people here laugh at you?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
For those interested, here's the relevant bill:
Pay attention to what the Notes says as well as the 254 Amendments made to the Act.  The true definition of sausage-making, this bill morphed from a single hurricane relief bill to a myriad of nominal disaster relief amendments, some of which have no bearing whatsoever on disaster assistance related to Hurricane Sandy.

While I do not know if only 2/3 went to Sandy assistance, Governor Christie is an unmitigated liar by saying there was no pork.

If I remember correctly, the 2/3 was the pork.  Only 1/3 was for Tropical Storm Sandy relief.