Author Topic: Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz a liar over claim Hurricane Sandy aid went to ‘unrelated pork’ projects  (Read 5753 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
... and one of the loudest-mouthed RINO's (aka jelly doughnut boy) also chimes in to politicize a national disaster.  What a piece of crap he is!   .... hmm...I think a phone call is needed to Christie's office telling him that politicizing Harvey is inappropriate and despicable!

Chris Christie calls Ted Cruz a liar over claim Hurricane Sandy aid went to ‘unrelated pork’ projects

Gov. Chris Christie (R) slammed Sen.Ted Cruz (R-TX) on MSNBC Tuesday night, calling him a liar for saying two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy relief aid had “nothing to do with Sandy.”

Speaking with host Chris Hayes, the blunt-talking New Jersey governor heaped scorn on Cruz for lying in the service of portraying himself as a fiscal champion.

According to Cruz, the bulk of Sandy aid distributed to New Jersey in 2012 to recover from Sandy was “filled with unrelated pork.”

Cruz has been on the defensive in the wake of Hurricane Harvey damage to Texas, defending himself against claims that he and other Texas GOP lawmakers are hypocrites for requesting federal disaster relief for their state after refusing to help New Jersey in 2012.

“What was wrong was for Ted Cruz to exploit Sandy for political gain, and that’s what he was doing,” Christie told MSNBC’s Hayes......

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/watch-chris-christie-calls-ted-cruz-a-liar-over-claim-hurricane-sandy-aid-went-to-unrelated-pork-projects/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:53:59 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

Another NE Liberal calling Cruz a Liar, he's obviously over the target.

* I actually watched the Video.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

If your fat worthless and hated ass is forced to hit up a no ratings hack like Hayes to slam Cruz, your opinion don't count.

Offline GrouchoTex

Since Christie was a Senator and helped craft the legislation, oh, wait........

Offline GrouchoTex

Christie got Obama re-elected, I have not doubt.
That photo op did the trick.
Wonder what he got in return?
Probably pissed that his share of pork for New Jersey was also shot down in that bill.
Hey, Chris, how's that Federeal job Trump gave you working out for ya?

Offline Frank Cannon

Christie got Obama re-elected, I have not doubt.
That photo op did the trick.
Wonder what he got in return?
Probably pissed that his share of pork for New Jersey was also shot down in that bill.
Hey, Chris, how's that Federeal job Trump gave you working out for ya?

No need to get bent out of shape about Christie Creme. He is the most hated Gov in the country after years of ruining the state while he did stuff like Bridgegate and vacationing on beaches that he just closed. He is irrelevant garbage.

Offline GrouchoTex

No need to get bent out of shape about Christie Creme. He is the most hated Gov in the country after years of ruining the state while he did stuff like Bridgegate and vacationing on beaches that he just closed. He is irrelevant garbage.

I've been cooped up since Friday, and I need to get my kicks somehow!

Offline corbe

He recently denied he'd appoint himself Senator if Menendez crash and burns to early (highly unlikely).
   Openly admits that failing in his Executive capacities does not mean he can't be an effective Legislator, Good Lord knows Trump don't want him anywhere near his Administration.

yes, I made that last shit up, but we all know it's true.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
   He recently denied he'd appoint himself Senator if Menendez crash and burns to early (highly unlikely).
   Openly admits that failing in his Executive capacities does not mean he can't be an effective Legislator, Good Lord knows Trump don't want him anywhere near his Administration.

Sounded perfectly reasonable to me :pondering:

Offline Frank Cannon

Isn't everything you post made up shit?

Offline Frank Cannon

and I need to get my kicks somehow!

I try and keep it old skool and stick to hookers and blow.

Offline corbe

I watched a lot of that Trump/Abbott news conference stuff today, never saw Abbott try to hug Trump.  JS

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline GtHawk

I try and keep it old skool and stick to hookers and blow.
So you quit the alcohol? :whistle:

Offline corbe

I deserve all the shit you can dish out @Frank Cannon, I've been trashin you and your sidekick Wingy for weeks, while you were in sabbatical somewhere.

Offline corbe

Frank only hires the best hookers @GtHawk

Offline Frank Cannon

So you quit the alcohol? :whistle:

Didn't the Surgeon General tell you? Drinking is bad for you....or maybe it was a hot shot of heroin. Can't remember now.

Offline Frank Cannon

I deserve all the shit you can dish out @Frank Cannon, I've been trashin you and your sidekick Wingy for weeks, while you were in sabbatical somewhere.

I know what your up to. I always know what your up to. Did I just showed up here out of the blue? No. I sensed you were about to post something that I could slam you with while I was walking the cat. Broke into the neighbors house to get to a computer and logged in just in time. I wonder why is keyboard is all sticky?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:53:27 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline corbe

I sent a PM to Mod8 @Frank Cannon took her almost a week to get back to me, complained that it was her illness that delayed the response, but she denies that she is on your payroll.

Offline Frank Cannon

I sent a PM to Mod8 @Frank Cannon took her almost a week to get back to me, complained that it was her illness that delayed the response, but she denies that she is on your payroll.

Yeah. Illness my ass. More like dead tired. Who do you think I've been banging on my vacation?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.longisland.com/news/08-29-17/ny-congressman-peter-king-vows-hurricane-harvey-support-for-texas-but-slams-senator-ted-cruz-while-doing-so-is-king-right-or-wrong.html
“The Congressional Research Service issued a comprehensive report on the provisions, and it’s clear that virtually all of it was related to the damage caused by Sandy,” The Post said. “There may have been some pork in an earlier Senate version, but many of those items were removed before final passage. There were also some items that appear to have been misunderstood.”

Congressional Quarterly indeed shows Christie is correct.  Cruz should have admitted to a mistake, we all do that,  instead he tried to defend it. The facts are on Christie's side.  Cruz is looking like Cruznochio.

I doubt if Rep. Gohmert would be so critical of Rep. Peter King, they are probably allies, but caterwauling Mark Levin's Conservative Review put over a cheapshot on King.  Levin makes nasty statements trying to remain relevant. His radio show is tanking but he did write a bestseller apparently.

Offline corbe

I liked you better when you didn't like Sarah Palin @TomSea, to refocus, jog your memory.

Offline GtHawk

Frank only hires the best hookers @GtHawk
I think I would be worried about the a guy who only hired the skankiest hookers, I sure can't fault for seeking quality debauchery.

Who wouldn't choose this

over this?

Offline GtHawk

Didn't the Surgeon General tell you? Drinking is bad for you....or maybe it was a hot shot of heroin. Can't remember now.
I was only ever told that drinking to excess was bad, by the way, what's excess?

Offline RoosGirl

I was only ever told that drinking to excess was bad, by the way, what's excess?

Excess is when your Exhibit B starts looking like Exhibit A