Author Topic: University Of Maryland Marching Band Will Stop Playing ‘Racist’ State Anthem  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

University Of Maryland Marching Band Will Stop Playing ‘Racist’ State Anthem

August 28, 2017| by Brian Anderson

Though Maryland was part of the Union in the Civil War liberal ninnies accuse the state of being pro-Confederacy. The radical leftists are calling for the state flag to be banned because they say it contains Confederate imagery. Now, the University of Maryland will no longer play the state anthem, which they claim is an ode to the Confederacy and therefore racist.

Maryland, My Maryland has been the state anthem since it was adopted in 1939. It is set to the tune O Tannenbaum so a lot of people think it’s a Christmas song, but that’s not why people suddenly have a problem with it. CBS Baltimore reports:

https://downtrend.com/71superb/university-of-maryland-marching-band-will-stop-playing-racist-state-anthem

Oceander

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"The despot's heel is on thy shore" DID refer to Lincoln. The State had been invaded.

The line "Avenge the patriotic gore/that flecked the streets of Baltimore"

Referred to the first fatalities of the war, in the 1861 street riots where Baltimore citizens attacked invading troops.

People forget that a person's primary loyalty was to their State, not the managers of the Federal District.

Either STFU, Liberals, or just burn the >bleep< books and get this over with! 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Egads.

I'd rather listen to the tune "I'm A Good Ol' Rebel", which contains the line:
"I will not be reconstructed, and I do not give a damn" ...