Author Topic: Houston’s Democratic Mayor Told Citizens to IGNORE Hurricane Warnings!?  (Read 813 times)

rangerrebew

Houston’s Democratic Mayor Told Citizens to IGNORE Hurricane Warnings!?
By Andrew West August 28, 2017

The images and stories emerging out of Texas in the wake of Hurricane Harvey have been absolutely devastating.

The hurricane, which made landfall late on Friday night as an intense category 4 storm, has now stalled out over the heart of Texas, with the major metropolis of Houston taking a brunt of the precipitation as the storm’s remnants churned overhead.

http://constitution.com/houstons-democratic-mayor-told-citizens-ignore-hurricane-warnings/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:34:24 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Sorry but that headline is an outright lie! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Were those tweets from Turner made up, and did they reflect the City government's position on Evacuating?  I'm not arguing with you @Bigun I just want to know what has been going on there, on the ground.  I have a hard time believing the headline myself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Not to mention if you understand his rational it makes perfect sense and was probably the right call  for a different strom.   But these things are unpredictable.  I give the guy a pass.  The race hustlers will not.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Were those tweets from Turner made up, and did they reflect the City government's position on Evacuating?  I'm not arguing with you @Bigun I just want to know what has been going on there, on the ground.  I have a hard time believing the headline myself.

As far as I know the tweets are accurate and do not anywhere say what the headline on this thread says they do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just gotta find somebody/something to blame. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not to mention if you understand his rational it makes perfect sense and was probably the right call  for a different strom.   But these things are unpredictable.  I give the guy a pass.  The race hustlers will not.

I'm not at all sure it wasn't the right call for this one as well!  Imagine those freeways you see in the images the media is showing you filled with cars full of people trying to get out!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:02:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just gotta find somebody/something to blame.

Human nature I suppose.  There are plenty of things to fault the mayor over but this isn't one of them IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I did see him on the news thanking Houston residents for not clogging up the highways trying to evacuate.

Apparently he heroically prevented a traffic jam.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I did see him on the news thanking Houston residents for not clogging up the highways trying to evacuate.

Apparently he heroically prevented a traffic jam.

Well, since most of the roads are flooded, that's probably a good thing!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

This is in regard to Facebook and other social media hoaxes and gossip that get tossed around like hotcakes. It's SOP to follow a trusted meteorologist (be it NWS, your local radio/TV professional or some other qualified, trusted figure) over fools on the Internet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

IIRC he was remembering back to Rita when The roads were gridlocked in 100 Degree heat and cars ran out of gas and people had heat stroke and had to be rescued off the interstates leading out of Houston.....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:16:04 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, since most of the roads are flooded, that's probably a good thing!

That's why you evacuate before the Hurricane.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Clickbaitinest Headline Ever Award nominee.  One problem with his statement, though.  The credible news outlets were warning this system would stall over the area all last week.  Although they've blown some calls on blizzards and other events recently, they had solid data on the high pressure systems that would sandwich this storm and keep it in place.  Historically and topographically, you know the areas most likely to flood within the city.  They should have definitely been evacuated.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's why you evacuate before the Hurricane.

Except that a) they had to evacuate the coastal areas (through Houston BTW) first, and b) the hurricane hit long before an evacuation could occur.