Author Topic: Joel Osteen shuts megachurch amid flooding crisis  (Read 3425 times)

Offline anubias

Re: Joel Osteen shuts megachurch amid flooding crisis
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2017, 03:46:57 am »
The Lord would want you to hold it in..  Hold it for Joel...  keep it in, you gotta keep it in
If you gotta let it out  why walk alone, now, why worry when it's warm down there
You got so much to say, say what you mean
Mean what you're thinkin' and think anything, why not... just pee

I always found a security guard that wanted to rescue a damsel in distress.  The Summit had private restrooms behind locked doors that the guards had the keys.  ;) 

Lame, I know; but it was better than wetting my drawers. I didn't have to miss much of the game or the concert as I would had if I'd stood in line or even worse done without the buckets of Lone Star so that I didn't have to pee in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:47:39 am by anubias »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2017, 02:59:37 pm »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2017, 03:21:14 pm »
How social media shamed Houston televangelist Joel Osteen in to opening his dry megachurch to Hurricane Harvey evacuees after he claimed it was inaccessible and flooded

Joel Osteen claims Lakewood Church has always been open to the needy
    On Sunday, the church said it was 'inaccessible' due to floods and was unsafe
    On Monday, two Texans visited it and filmed its dry parking lot and exterior
    The church claimed on Tuesday to have been flooded over the weekend but said the water had receded
    It opened its doors to thousands of evacuees and is now giving them shelter
    Osteen said he did not automatically declare it a shelter because the city did not ask him to
    He now faces the wrath of a disappointed congregation and others around the world 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4837472/How-Pastor-Joel-Osteen-shamed-Hurricane-Harvey.html#ixzz4rLY8zmCL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 04:19:31 pm »
Ted Cruz Takes on the Critics Who Went After Joel Osteen
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2017/august/ted-cruz-responds-to-criticism-towards-joel-osteen

Lakewood staffers pointed out that during a previous flood in Houston, when the church was located in a different building, they turned it into an emergency shelter while at the same time, Houston Rockets games were canceled due to flooding when the team played at the Compaq Center.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2017, 04:19:56 pm »
I may be wrong, but from what I know, John Osteen, the father and elder Osteen, started the ministry.  John Osteen seemed to be an alright fellow. But all of this other, I'm not so sure about. Obviously, if photos were sent out showing flooding that did not happen per the daily mail; that would seem very wrong and folks should know.

John Osteen, I think his name was John, was really a fairly minor player compared to Joel. I have no idea if they basically preach the same thing.  I'm not sure if Joel preaches the so-called "prosperity gospel".  There are plenty of sources of inspiration out there. I was never swept up with Joel.  I had one of the elder Osteen's books. A decent read.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 04:24:35 pm by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »
Sorry Brother.  Was it the cheetos?

For me it was the scratching with orange fingers...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2017, 11:42:33 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2017, 12:54:02 pm »
For me it was the scratching with orange fingers...

Cheetos dust is like desert sand, it gets everywhere.

and now we all have a new visual that nobody wants.....
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.