Author Topic: North Korean missile flies over Japan, escalating tensions and prompting an angry response from Tokyo  (Read 895 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Anna Fifield August 28 at 6:09 PM

TOKYO — North Korea launched a ballistic missile Tuesday morning that flew over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, public broadcaster NHK reported. The government issued an alert for residents in some prefectures to take cover.

Although North Korea has sent a missile over Japan once before – in 1998 – this launch comes at a time of heightened tensions. Pyongyang has been threatening to fire a missile over Japan and into the waters around the American territory of Guam.

“We'll make the utmost effort to protect the public,” a visibly agitated Japanese prime minister, Shinzo Abe, told reporters at his office early Tuesday morning. NHK showed Patriot missiles lined up in Japan, a staunch U.S. ally, ready to shoot down any incoming missiles.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/north-korean-missile-flies-over-japan-escalating-tensions-and-prompting-an-angry-response-from-tokyo/2017/08/28/e1975804-8c37-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.27abf7e8dc10
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Japan's NHK TV said the missile overflew Hokkaido and broke into 3 parts before landing in the ocean.  That's the 4th launch and failure over the past couple of days.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Wingnut

Japan's NHK TV said the missile overflew Hokkaido and broke into 3 parts before landing in the ocean.  That's the 4th launch and failure over the past couple of days.

Hey.... 'Tis a lesson you should heed:Try, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed,Try, try, try again.

Offline Mom MD

At some point someone is going to have to smack the little twerp done.  Before he really does some harm.  I don't know how Japan can tolerate missiles launched in their direction.  One of these times he will hit something either by accident or on purpose.
God is still in control

Offline edpc

At some point someone is going to have to smack the little twerp done.  Before he really does some harm.  I don't know how Japan can tolerate missiles launched in their direction.  One of these times he will hit something either by accident or on purpose.

Most likely by accident, given the number of failures they've had in previous launches over the years.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Can't argue with that, supposedly he paid some Russians to protect him, wouldn't it be interesting if someone paid those boys more to do something else?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Agree!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
South Korea has just dropped eight heavy bombs near the border with North Korea.

According to Yonhap news agency, the bombing was to show off the country’s ‘overwhelming force’ after Pyongyang’s launching of a ballistic missile over the north of Japan.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in ordered the strike, by four F-15K fighter-bombers, at a firing range in the east of the country to ‘display a strong capability to punish’ North Korea, should it decide to attack.

All eight bombs hit their targets at a testing ground on South Korean soil, officials said.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/29/south-korea-drops-bombs-on-border-with-north-korea-in-show-of-overwhelming-force-6886434/#ixzz4r9UX94WC
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We need to grab Jong by the hand and guide him down to the land of MOAB.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kidd

This is an act of war.
It is a test of Japanese capabilities and resolve.

Japan wouldn't allow North Korean jets to fly over its airspace.

Wingnut

We need to grab Jong by the hand and guide him down to the land of MOAB.

Repeatedly!

Offline edpc

This is an act of war.
It is a test of Japanese capabilities and resolve.

Japan wouldn't allow North Korean jets to fly over its airspace.

Their aircraft, just like the missile, would probably break up in flight on their own, as well.