Author Topic: Trump Is Said to Punish Longtime Aide After Angry Phoenix Speech  (Read 1562 times)

Offline corbe

Trump Is Said to Punish Longtime Aide After Angry Phoenix Speech
 Bloomberg
Jennifer Jacobs and Kevin Cirilli
2 hrs ago

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.

TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.

As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-is-said-to-punish-longtime-aide-after-angry-phoenix-speech/ar-AAqT8bX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump Is Said to Punish Longtime Aide After Angry Phoenix Speech
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:10:46 am »
Trump Is Said to Punish Longtime Aide After Angry Phoenix Speech
 Bloomberg
Jennifer Jacobs and Kevin Cirilli
2 hrs ago

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.

TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.

As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-is-said-to-punish-longtime-aide-after-angry-phoenix-speech/ar-AAqT8bX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

Corbe ... why?  This story is not substantiated and is filled with 'one person familiar with the scene said' type quotes.

The place wasn't full before the event started but filled up later.

Trump seemed angry.

I'm disappointed you chose to post this.  It's media bias at its worst.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:10:47 am »
Also being covered by more Trump-friendly media, Washington Examiner:

"President Trump has relieved George Gigicos, the man tasked with organizing all of his post-election campaign events, following a less-than-packed rally in Phoenix, Ariz., last week, according to a report Monday evening.

Gigicos, the former White House scheduling and advance director, set up the Tuesday evening at the Phoenix Convention Center as a contractor for the Republican National Committee.

Trump was visibly upset before he took the stage last night after he saw on a TV monitor the large multipurpose room was half-full. The space was divided by a wall and most of the audience stood, while a portion was off to the side.

A city of Phoenix spokesperson estimated 10,000 people were in attendance, though it likely would have been higher if the entire room was used.

While at the event, Trump told his long-time security aide Keith Schiller to tell Gigicos he was done organizing rallies, according to Bloomberg.

Gigicos actually stepped down from his White House job on July 31 and had been working for the RNC and Trump's re-election campaign, as well as running his own consulting business in that time."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-fires-george-gigicos-after-phoenix-rally-fails-to-meet-his-standards/article/2632799
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:38:53 am »
A delicate orange man boy.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 11:58:36 am »
A delicate orange man boy.

Blames everyone but himself. Just like people on this forum.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:02:44 pm »
Corbe ... why?  This story is not substantiated and is filled with 'one person familiar with the scene said' type quotes.

Trump seemed angry.

Oopsie!  Maybe you should have waited before you posted.  See the post immediately below yours. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »
Blames everyone but himself. Just like people on this forum.

He must have slept through the classes on leadership while in military school.

I simply can't see very many of his appointees staying in office for another year.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 12:45:27 pm »

Trump seemed angry.

When you make posts like this...you sound like a certain someone who gets triggered at the picture of a certain Senator from Texas.

And that's not a good look on you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »
He must have slept through the classes on leadership while in military school.

I simply can't see very many of his appointees staying in office for another year.

"Only the best people..."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »
Oopsie!  Maybe you should have waited before you posted.  See the post immediately below yours.

I saw the story also.  It was posted prominently on Yahoo as soon as you click on Yahoo.

They post an anti-Trump story EVERY day only pausing one day for the hurricane.

If there was a subsequent story that was more reliable, that does not excuse falling for Yahoo propaganda.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 04:43:32 pm »
When you make posts like this...you sound like a certain someone who gets triggered at the picture of a certain Senator from Texas.

And that's not a good look on you.

Well, sorry.  If you think I looked bad last night, you should see me today.

I still think the story is overblown and I look visibly agitated.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »
Well, sorry.  If you think I looked bad last night, you should see me today.

I still think the story is overblown and I look visibly agitated.

:beer:

You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em both together...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:49:31 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 04:50:11 pm »
:beer:

Yahoo even tried to make Trump's visit to Texas look bad.  Their article included the line, "at least he's staying away from Houston."

Offline Concerned

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »
Here’s a source that cites more than one source (3 in fact) that Trump had “….Schiller inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again…..”.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-08-28/trump-is-said-to-punish-longtime-aide-after-angry-phoenix-speech

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »
Yahoo even tried to make Trump's visit to Texas look bad.  Their article included the line, "at least he's staying away from Houston."

If a storey's source is Vox or Yahoo I pay it no mind.  Others here should do the same.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 04:56:32 pm »
Here’s a source that cites more than one source (3 in fact) that Trump had “….Schiller inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again…..”.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-08-28/trump-is-said-to-punish-longtime-aide-after-angry-phoenix-speech
[/quote

Yeah?  So?  This is the story of the day.  Okay, people, have fun with it then.  I never heard of Gigicos and I never heard of Schiller so, frankly, .... wait, what the heck did Clark Gable say at the end of that movie??  I forget.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 04:58:29 pm »
If a storey's source is Vox or Yahoo I pay it no mind.  Others here should do the same.

I know.  Yahoo is the most blatant Trump attacker ever.  Every day they post a hit piece on him.  If he's done something, they exaggerate and add unsourced quotes.  If he hasn't done anything, they make something up.

I'm amazed that people fall for it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 05:01:08 pm »
I know.  Yahoo is the most blatant Trump attacker ever.  Every day they post a hit piece on him.  If he's done something, they exaggerate and add unsourced quotes.  If he hasn't done anything, they make something up.

Yahoo is where I read the "Trump might not ever leave White House" story.

That kind was considered Alex Jones stuff when Obama was president.

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 05:03:37 pm »
Yahoo is where I read the "Trump might not ever leave White House" story.

That kind was considered Alex Jones stuff when Obama was president.

Yahoo and AOhell are the propaganda arm of Verizon

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

[/quote

Yeah?  So?  This is the story of the day.  Okay, people, have fun with it then.  I never heard of Gigicos and I never heard of Schiller so, frankly, .... wait, what the heck did Clark Gable say at the end of that movie??  I forget.

I’m just trying to clarify this “news” with some clarifying facts.   Someone criticized the source of the information so I provided a more Trump-friendly news source.  Someone noted that only one administration source was quoted so I provided a news story that sourced 3.  I’d hope that we all want as accurate, up-to-date, and complete information as possible.  I know I do.

For some reason, this news story seems to agitate you.   I believe it is consistent and in tune with the Donald Trump we’ve come to know over the past two years, and completely believable:  the man does love his crowd sizes.  I am with in stating that I’ve never heard of Gigicos.   As such, it’s a minor story IMO and certainly not something I’m going to get agitated about one way or the other.  Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:06:28 pm by Concerned »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 05:17:57 pm »

Yahoo 'news' reporter: "Would I lie to you?"
Me: "With only short breaks for sleeping."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
I’m just trying to clarify this “news” with some clarifying facts.   Someone criticized the source of the information so I provided a more Trump-friendly news source.  Someone noted that only one administration source was quoted so I provided a news story that sourced 3.  I’d hope that we all want as accurate, up-to-date, and complete information as possible.  I know I do.

For some reason, this news story seems to agitate you.   I believe it is consistent and in tune with the Donald Trump we’ve come to know over the past two years, and completely believable:  the man does love his crowd sizes.  I am with in stating that I’ve never heard of Gigicos.   As such, it’s a minor story IMO and certainly not something I’m going to get agitated about one way or the other.  Have a nice day!

I am visibly agitated that someone I respect would post this propaganda piece.  Yes, Trump likes the adulation of a big crowd and pictures posted of his big crowds.  So what else is new?

True, it is a nothing story.  But it was the lead story on Yahoo.  Are we all gonna fall for any hit piece the media puts out?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 05:28:02 pm »
I often wonder at posters who turn a nothing story like this, a "haha, ol' Donald is up to his usual childishness" type story, into a  :odrama: type thread. 

:2popcorn:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »
I am visibly agitated that someone I respect would post this propaganda piece.  Yes, Trump likes the adulation of a big crowd and pictures posted of his big crowds.  So what else is new?

True, it is a nothing story.  But it was the lead story on Yahoo.  Are we all gonna fall for any hit piece the media puts out?

I don’t view this story as a “hit piece” at all (although I never found the Yahoo version of it – I have read about it on several other news sources).  In fact, it’s not clear to me that this specific episode reflects badly on Trump at all.  As you mentioned, the man loves his crowd sizes.  There’s nothing new about this.  The fact that some advance man might be held accountable for not doing a good job in managing the layout of the room and securing full-crowds, isn’t really news to me either.  Again, this is completely within character of the Trump we’ve seen over the past 2 years:  predictable; and if it gets reported, it’s nothing I’m going to get upset about.   The fact that Trump would be upset about the way the crowd was managed and secured and that he would want to hold the person accountable isn’t really a “hit piece” IMO – it’s simply him acting completely within character IMO.

We obviously have different definition of "hit pieces", but that's OK -- different opinions are good!  We do agree though that it's "a nothing story" (and one I've wasted too much time on).  :seeya:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 05:44:35 pm »
Faux news now reporting it:

Trump reportedly sidelines Phoenix rally organizer over crowd size

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/29/trump-reportedly-sidelines-phoenix-rally-organizer-over-crowd-size.html