Author Topic: Arpaio considering run against Flake  (Read 974 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arpaio considering run against Flake
« on: August 28, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »

Arpaio considering run against Flake

By LOUIS NELSON

08/28/2017 01:57 PM EDT

Updated 08/28/2017 03:15 PM EDT

Controversial former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio said Monday that he is considering another run for public office, including a potential primary challenge against Sen. Jeff Flake.

Arpaio, a vocal supporter of Trump’s during the campaign, was unseated last November from his position as Maricopa County sheriff. But with his name in the spotlight once again following a pardon from Trump last week, Arpaio said he could mount another bid for public office.

“I could run for mayor, I could run for legislator, I could run for Senate," the former sheriff told The Washington Examiner. He said “I'm sure getting a lot of people around the state asking me" to challenge Flake (R-Ariz.), who refused to endorse Trump during last year’s election and has been among his most vocal GOP critics.

“All I'm saying is the door is open and we'll see what happens. I've got support. I know what support I have,” he said.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/28/joe-arpaio-considers-challenge-jeff-flake-2018-242095
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Arpaio considering run against Flake
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:17 pm »
Pretty sure he's being silly....

He could affect Flake's ride back to Dee Ceen if he wanted to, though.  He could always talk about what happened at Green Acres kennel in Gilbert.  Or, he could just encourage people to Google that phrase.

Check it out!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:48:45 pm »
So Flake could be primaried by either Chemtrail Kelli or Birther Joe. Nevermind that Flake was a lifetime ACU of 93%.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:51:50 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »
So Flake could be primaried by either Chemtrail Kelli or Birther Joe. Nevermind that Flake was a lifetime ACU of 93%.

I hear you, but it's easy to manipulate votes with Turtle at the helm.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 01:03:40 pm »

When he was elected Senator he started going native almost instantly by joining McCain's Gang of Eight for Shamnesty, about a month before his inauguration.  Have lived in his District his whole tenure I'm aware his lifetime numbers are good, bit they have been rendered irrelevant because his behavior changed upon ascension to the Upper House. 

The only voting numbers worth looking at are the ones he's earned in the past five years. 

On another note, the two candidates you listed are hardly the only options.  The State Treasurer is also considering a run, and I don't think Arpaio is the least bit serious about running.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 01:06:20 pm »

In 2008 McCain had good numbers too, but they were worthless because he missed somewhere close to half the votes in the couple of years leading up to his deliberately throwing the election to Obama.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »
In 2008 McCain had good numbers too, but they were worthless because he missed somewhere close to half the votes in the couple of years leading up to his deliberately throwing the election to Obama.

According to Samuel Clemens, there are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 01:34:35 pm »

I actually like McConnell..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:00 pm »
Pretty sure he's being silly....

He could affect Flake's ride back to Dee Ceen if he wanted to, though.  He could always talk about what happened at Green Acres kennel in Gilbert.  Or, he could just encourage people to Google that phrase.

Check it out!
@Cyber Liberty I looked it up and did not see Flakes name connected with this, what did I miss?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:39:04 pm »

I actually like McConnell..

Of course you do! He's a democrat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »
Appreciate the sentimment but he's 85 y/o. A man's got to know his limitations...
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 02:09:05 pm »
Roberts: Joe Arpaio to run against Jeff Flake? Don't believe it
Laurie Roberts, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 12:57 p.m. MT Aug. 28, 2017 | Updated 5:10 p.m. MT Aug. 28, 2017

Attention Arizona Republicans: just hand over the U.S. Senate seat now.

Continued: http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/08/28/roberts-joe-arpaio-v-jeff-flake-dont-believe/609613001/

It does not sound like he'd do well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 02:13:26 pm »
@Cyber Liberty I looked it up and did not see Flakes name connected with this, what did I miss?

It's his son's Kennel.  He got let off 23 counts of animal cruelty because of shenanigans by the Prosecutor.  The back-story is that happened because Daddy pulled strings.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:13 pm »
According to Samuel Clemens, there are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I think Will Rogers had a similar calculation, but your point is sound. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »

Flake's ACU score might be that high...Conservative Review's Liberty Score has him at an F 53%.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 02:30:43 pm »
Flake's ACU score might be that high...Conservative Review's Liberty Score has him at an F 53%.

Like I'm going to a score from a fake news site like Conservative Review very serious.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 02:37:09 pm »

Like I'm going to a score from a fake news site like Conservative Review very serious.

I don't take the scores made before he became a Senator seriously either.  Flake scored in the 70's three of the past four years.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:38:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 02:38:02 pm »

Huh?  Did you fall and bump your head or something?  Mark Levin is now considered "fake news"?

Since when?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 02:39:45 pm »
Huh?  Did you fall and bump your head or something?  Mark Levin is now considered "fake news"?

Since when?

Since it disagreed with his preconceived notions.  The ACU numbers don't hold up either when you look at the years he's been in the Senate.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 02:46:53 pm »
Since it disagreed with his preconceived notions.  The ACU numbers don't hold up either when you look at the years he's been in the Senate.

No they don't line up at all.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/sheriff-joe-arpaio-campaign-jeff-flake/2017/08/28/id/810296/

Despite talk former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is planning to challenge Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake in 2018, the recently pardoned Arpaio told Newsmax TV that is not his thinking.

Instead, Arpaio told Monday's "Newsmax Now," his re-entry into politics will be focused on getting other "good Republicans" in office.

"I don't know whether I want to run for any office," he told hosts Bill Tucker and Jonathan Gilliam. "I will be active trying to get Republicans elected, the good Republicans that is, or help them raise money, which I've been doing for 24 years."

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/sheriff-joe-arpaio-campaign-jeff-flake/2017/08/28/id/810296/

Despite talk former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is planning to challenge Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake in 2018, the recently pardoned Arpaio told Newsmax TV that is not his thinking.

Instead, Arpaio told Monday's "Newsmax Now," his re-entry into politics will be focused on getting other "good Republicans" in office.

"I don't know whether I want to run for any office," he told hosts Bill Tucker and Jonathan Gilliam. "I will be active trying to get Republicans elected, the good Republicans that is, or help them raise money, which I've been doing for 24 years."

more at link

That's more like what I expect from my old Sheriff.  It will be interesting to see how he postures on Flake, but that's only one race he'd be interested in influencing.  I'm sure he will have something to say about CD9, for example.

People who think he's no longer "popular" in this county are making a mistake.  He lost the last election because of the trumped-up court problems, not because people don't agree with him.  But that's my opinion, being a resident of the jurisdiction in question since 1980.  What do I know, really?   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.