Author Topic: Cracks in the Cabinet? Tillerson, others seen distancing themselves from Trump  (Read 512 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson raised eyebrows Sunday with his curt reply that President Trump “speaks for himself,” when asked about his boss's values.

But Tillerson is just the latest Cabinet member or top adviser appearing to put distance between himself and the commander-in-chief – complicating the president's task as he tries to unify both his own team and Republicans in Congress behind his agenda.

The response from Tillerson reflects how the president's handling of the violence in Charlottesville continues to reverberate weeks later.

America's top diplomat was asked on "Fox News Sunday" whether he has a tougher time pushing American values when some foreign leaders question Trump's values. When he said nobody doubts the American people's values, host Chris Wallace pointedly asked about the president's.

"The president speaks for himself, Chris," Tillerson said.

<snip>

Tillerson is not alone.

Just last week, Trump’s top economic adviser Gary Cohn said he has faced pressure to leave the administration and went so far as to draft a resignation letter, a source with knowledge of the situation told Fox News. Cohn subsequently met with the president and decided to stay -- but sounded off in an interview with the Financial Times.

“As a Jewish American, I will not allow neo-Nazis ranting ‘Jews will no replace us’ to cause this Jew to leave his job,” Cohn told the newspaper, adding that the Trump administration “can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning these groups and do everything we can to heal the deep divisions that exist in our communities.”

Trump came under fire for blaming "both sides" for the violence in Charlottesville, Va., where a counter-protester was killed during a white supremacist rally. The president also specifically condemned neo-Nazis and has since argued that the media have ignored that rebuke.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/28/cracks-in-cabinet-tillerson-others-seen-distancing-themselves-from-trump.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

Nothing more than fake news and NT propaganda.  Move along and get back to singing hosannas for Trump. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson raised eyebrows Sunday with his curt reply that President Trump “speaks for himself,” when asked about his boss's values.

But Tillerson is just the latest Cabinet member or top adviser appearing to put distance between himself and the commander-in-chief – complicating the president's task as he tries to unify both his own team and Republicans in Congress behind his agenda.

The response from Tillerson reflects how the president's handling of the violence in Charlottesville continues to reverberate weeks later.

America's top diplomat was asked on "Fox News Sunday" whether he has a tougher time pushing American values when some foreign leaders question Trump's values. When he said nobody doubts the American people's values, host Chris Wallace pointedly asked about the president's.

"The president speaks for himself, Chris," Tillerson said.

<snip>

Tillerson is not alone.

Just last week, Trump’s top economic adviser Gary Cohn said he has faced pressure to leave the administration and went so far as to draft a resignation letter, a source with knowledge of the situation told Fox News. Cohn subsequently met with the president and decided to stay -- but sounded off in an interview with the Financial Times.

“As a Jewish American, I will not allow neo-Nazis ranting ‘Jews will no replace us’ to cause this Jew to leave his job,” Cohn told the newspaper, adding that the Trump administration “can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning these groups and do everything we can to heal the deep divisions that exist in our communities.”

Trump came under fire for blaming "both sides" for the violence in Charlottesville, Va., where a counter-protester was killed during a white supremacist rally. The president also specifically condemned neo-Nazis and has since argued that the media have ignored that rebuke.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/28/cracks-in-cabinet-tillerson-others-seen-distancing-themselves-from-trump.html

I think it's a stretch that saying "Trump speaks for himself" is distancing himself.

The whole known universe, i.e. the media is still latching on to slamming Trump for blaming both sides.

When Trump originally made the statement, most people here were saying 'right on,' but the media seems to have slanted the perception of some people.

Whatever anyone now thinks, I still think Trump was right.  Both sides were to blame, but apparently only one side CAN be blamed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall during the President's lunch with Tillerson today.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I have absolutely no problem with Tillerson being made gone by Trump.  I think he sucks as a SOS.

The fact he publicly admitted he does not agree with policy from his 'boss', deserves a removal IMO.

Of course if Tillerson had any honor he would simply resign instead of publicly suggesting that Trump's values are questionable.

But.... "Only the BEST people" would be serving in Trump's Administration.  And we have certainly learned that Trump's definition of 'best' leaves a lot to be desired.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Tillerson allowing the State Dept to carry on with their celebration of Pride Month shows he has enough trouble of his own pushing American values.

Offline skeeter

I think it's a stretch that saying "Trump speaks for himself" is distancing himself.

The whole known universe, i.e. the media is still latching on to slamming Trump for blaming both sides.

When Trump originally made the statement, most people here were saying 'right on,' but the media seems to have slanted the perception of some people.

Whatever anyone now thinks, I still think Trump was right.  Both sides were to blame, but apparently only one side CAN be blamed.

Given Trump's now well known impulsive outspokenness I believe even he would forgive any of his cabinet members for saying the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:47:59 pm by skeeter »