Author Topic: 'Ten Commandments Judge' Roy Moore's star rising in Alabama Senate runoff race  (Read 443 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

'Ten Commandments Judge' Roy Moore's star rising in Alabama Senate runoff race

Former Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore is seeing his star rise in the state’s Republican Senate race despite both President Trump and Vice President Pence publicly backing his incumbent rival.

Moore, a Christian conservative known as the “Ten Commandments Judge,” finished atop a crowded field during the Aug. 15 primary, winning 39 percent to incumbent Sen. Luther Strange’s 33 percent.

Because no candidate won more than 50 percent of the vote, Moore and Strange, endorsed by Trump and Pence, head to a Sept. 26 runoff.....

....Local polls have shown Moore with a significant lead over Strange. But the Senate Leadership Fund, a super PAC with ties to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, circulated a poll last week that shows Strange still within four points of Moore.

Earlier this month, before the initial primary election, Trump tweeted: “Senator Luther Strange has done a great job representing the people of the Great State of Alabama. He has my complete and total endorsement!”

But Trump turned heads in Alabama by congratulating both candidates – and not just Strange -- on Twitter “for being the final two and heading into a September runoff in Alabama.”.....

.....He first got national attention in the 1990s as a county judge when he hung a wooden Ten Commandments plaque on the wall of his courtroom.

Benefiting from his popularity after the episode, Moore then ran and won a race for chief justice of the state’s Supreme Court in 2000. But he was ousted after refusing to remove a 5,280-pound granite Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of the state judicial building.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/28/ten-commandments-judge-roy-moores-star-rising-in-alabama-senate-runoff-race.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.