Author Topic: ACLU sues Trump over transgender military ban  (Read 432 times)

Offline RoosGirl

ACLU sues Trump over transgender military ban
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:03:03 pm »

The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's ban on transgender individuals joining the military.

The federal lawsuit , Stone v. Trump, was filed in Maryland on Monday by the ACLU of Maryland on behalf of Petty Officer First Class Brock Stone, an 11-year Navy veteran who served in Afghanistan, and several other transgender members of the Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines.

Trump directed the Pentagon on Friday to implement the ban on transgender individuals joining the military, which he first announced in a tweet. He also gave to the Pentagon the authority to decide the future of openly transgender people already serving.

Continued - http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/aclu-sues-trump-over-transgender-military-ban/dLRJZ0Q1wzxMdiO4vll9QN/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: ACLU sues Trump over transgender military ban
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:43:28 pm »
They're gonna have a hard time proving any civil rights have been violated.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »
The ACLU is in the lawsuit business.

I can think a few ways to keep them busy, like suing them a couple of times a week.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:07:36 pm »
The ACLU is in the lawsuit business.

I can think a few ways to keep them busy, like suing them a couple of times a week.

You knew they had to defend one of their own causes.  One Commie Pinko fagg to another you know.  Professional courtesy.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:13:06 pm »
I think you would be hard-pressed to find a single member of the ACLU who has logged any military service time.

Perhaps in the old Soviet Army... but I doubt it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »
And an 0bama-appointed federal judge allows their suit and slaps an injunction against the DoD in 3, 2, 1....